New Coal Car by FreightCar America, Roanoke Shops

Started by Backyard, February 27, 2007, 01:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backyard

8) I've heard that people are jumping up and down about the new NS BethGon Coalporter car being produced in Roanoak.

If you happen to see a consist, please take a flat side-shot, and post as large as you can.

Digital, if possible,

Thanks!

Backyard/Allen

JCagle

I'll definately keep my eyes peeled down this way. With the proximity to Roanoke and the ammount of coal trains that pass through the area it shouldn't take long for some to show up. I have caught some of the new CSX cars back in the fall which looked sharp right off the line. I would assume that the NS product will be even more sharp.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Michael Knight

Backyard

8) Thanks, nsboxcar, can you remember the LT WT , and CAPY?
Backyard/Allen

NS2593

I don't know much about the coal cars but there was a solid train of them through Bristol in early February. I hope these are the cars you were talking about (sorry if this is the wrong kind).
Here's some photos:

Michael Knight

Quote from: NS2593 on March 06, 2007, 09:54:28 PM
I don't know much about the coal cars but there was a solid train of them through Bristol in early February. I hope these are the cars you were talking about (sorry if this is the wrong kind).
Here's some photos:

Wow! Those appear to be the new rapid-discharge (air-dump) cars.

Backyard

8) Thanks NS2593, Very good on the detail side.

Most pics don't let you see the LT WT of the car.

It appears to be an NS version of FreightCar America's AutoFlood III?.

If you ever wondered how they operate, here are the AutoFlood III? Isometric Drawings
Backyard/Allen

stillbre

There was a single one of these new cars second from the rear on 76K yesterday (3/10) afternoon coming into Salisbury.  The train is destined for Duke Power's Buck Steam Station in Spencer.  The car really stood out in the grimy consist of Trinity rapid discharge cars.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

Backyard

8) I must say, Great Results!
I need to know the Capy, and LT Wt. of the car.
Backyard/Allen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk