NS Fayetteville Turn

Started by Andrew Blaszczyk, January 13, 2007, 03:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Blaszczyk

Well, it's almost that time again, SPRING BREAK! What this means a trip (driving) down to Florida with a stop/stay at my aunt's place just outside of Raleigh. For the past two years I have been studying and scouting the line from Fuquay-Varina to Fayetteville and have yet to catch a train on this line. There are some interesting shots to be gotten but I only get a few days to try to get them. In a previous thread I was givin information that the FT goes on duty out of F-V at 8AM on weekdays only. Is this still the case? If anyone has addition information regarding times and power that they have been using please let me know. The day I will most likely be close to the line is Friday March 23rd. Thanks in advance!

stillbre

Andrew,
The local still goes on duty at 8am M-F.  Nice little line and very accesible.  I attempted to photograph the line a little while in Raleigh but the sun angles don't help.  The trains are running out of the sun all day.  They arrive in Fayetteville around noon before returning to Fuqay.  The same power is used for the local towards Sanford which goes on duty at 7pm.
The SD9Ms are no longer around, which is what piqued my interest.  The ECBU is now assigned former Conrail GP15s, GP38s, and SW1500s.  I'm not sure what is in Fuqay right now however.  Give me a shout before you come down and I can find out what's down there.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

Andrew Blaszczyk

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear its still on the same schedule. The SD9's are what got me to check out the line the first time I went to visit my aunt, but once I followed the line and saw how picturesque it is or could be I've wanted to catch a train on it. I'll give you a shout a few weeks before I head down there to see whats been happening or whats gonna happen. I'd be thrilled to see some ex-CR GP15's on there since they are facing the same fate as the SD9's. Thanks again man!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk