UP crew Injured

Started by AFT2101, October 07, 2014, 09:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFT2101

Any word on the condition of the crew involved in Sunday's grade crossing collision and derailment in Louisiana? It is my understanding that they were airlifted to the hospital. Hope these guys are ok.

thpbears

Saw on Fox news this morning they were in stable condition. Fox news had the crash on video. What do some people think when they do what they do?

AFT2101

I too saw the video today. The crew had to be saying their prayers just before that collision.  Wish them a speedy recovery.

ThoroughBreed

I thought that was a UP train with a NS leader?
TB8)

Gage O'Dell

Quote from: ThoroughBreed on October 08, 2014, 01:21:31 PM
I thought that was a UP train with a NS leader?

Correct, UP crew, NS leader..

Here's an article from yesterday..

MER ROUGE, La. (KNOE 8 News) - Tuesday update: KNOE 8 News has learned that the two railroad employees injured in Sunday's train derailment are now both being treated for their injuries in a Shreveport hospital.

Mer Rouge Police Chief Mitch Stevens says the train engineer has a compound fracture to his leg and some bumps and bruises. The chief says the conductor has numerous broken ribs. He had surgery to remove his spleen and heart surgery related to the broken ribs.

KNOE 8 News is back in Mer Rouge Tuesday continuing to work on this story and what possibly may be done to make this crossing safer.

Full Service

This happened on the UP, not NS. 
WB

AFT2101

Thanks for the update/correction guys. The NS leader confused me. In any case we wish the crew all the best.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk