NS 168?

Started by TRNBUF, October 17, 2006, 09:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRNBUF

Are they still running NS #168 through Illinois or did they combine it with NS #112? Also are they doing that with NS #111 at Granite City, IL with NS #167? 

E.M. Bell

I hadnt really thought about this untill  you posted your question, but I cant remember the last time I heard a 168 on the radio, at least between Danville and Louisville. Not to say its running when I am not around the radio, but I dont remember hearing one on the weekends for awhile either.

AFAIK, 111 and 167 are still running (not combo'ed) East of Louisville, and hear the Decatur DS talking to both of them at times West of Louisville as well.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

nscnotp1

Emmett:

I did a search on NS train symbols the other night and the Illinois Division still has NS 168 listed thru Centralia, IL (as of May 2006).

pafan

I have encountered 168 recently and have heard it on the scanner. It is still running.

NS Dispatcher

168 combos on the rear of 112 from knoxville to Louisville. You can find the remains of the 168 portion normally on the  westbound at Portland Ave waiting on power from 160. Is normally called anywhere from 1200pm to 800 pm running as 168  to Granite city, Illinois with stops at Huntingburg, In and Princeton, In. 111 and 167 are both running daily and have never been a combo before that I know since they come out of different terminals. 167 comes off the TRRA at East St.Louis and 111 from Luther Yard at St. Louis. You will however find a 283/167 combo ever once in a while on a Sunday acct 283 is normally carrying nothing but a few Shelbys and crews are low.

NS Dispatcher

Michael Knight

As J.M.E. has stated above, 168 runs out of Knoxville as a combo train with 112. After the hump re-opened at Knoxville in August 2004, 168 initially ran as a separate train. However, it has been run as a combo since late 2004, or early 2005.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk