Ft Wayne tips

Started by butch, January 16, 2013, 12:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch

I will be in Ft Wayne this Sat/Sun and I may get a chance to do some exploring Saturday afternoon.  Anyone have any suggestions on what to do/where to go?

Thanks,

Butch
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

swinstandley

Butch,

Triple Crown Services is headquarted in Ft. Wayne:
http://www.triplecrownsvc.com/Directions.html

But the TC rail yard is near US 30E and N. Coliseum Blvd. about halfway between downtown and New Haven where NKP 765 is located at the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society, 15808 Edgerton Rd.

Stew

E.M. Bell

The NS yard there in the Fort is fairly accessible without getting run out. There is a public street that runs almost the entire length, and a parking area on the East end up by the shop. They still have a turntable there and its in a open area that might be good for a pic or Two if you happen to catch them turning something.

Just East of the yard, there is a junction of Two lines (I cant tell you much more than that) that we have been to a time or Two. There is a gravel parking lot at a concrete place that you can sit in and kill some time.  You would probably enjoy stopping by the FWRHS shop as mentioned, and those guys are a pretty friendly bunch. I think the shop is open to the public on the weekends...
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

Thanks for the tips guys. Hopefully the volleyball goes well and I get a chance to sneak away for to explore.
Butch Adkins

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

Doesn't the cf&e run up that way too? The Chicago fort Wayne and eastern, I know that's a rail America line and all but they might have something worth seeing.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

butch

Well I ended up not getting out until almost 4p and it clouded up before 5p.  The line from Wabash runs within a half mile of the hotel so I checked out some crossings and did catch one eastbound stack train.
Butch Adkins

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk