Has 8099 even been on the CNO&TP

Started by Badhorse79, November 04, 2012, 06:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Just wondering if the loco has ever been on the CNO&TP besides Chattanooga everything else has been ! Correct me if im.wrong but I can't seem to think of a time it was above oakdale! ? Just curious!

thpbears

It came through Bristol TN/VA the first Heritage I ever saw. I know it was in Norton/Appalachia but thats the only place I have saw it in person  beside Spencer.

E.M. Bell

I am pretty sure the short answer to your question is No...  I cant recall it ever being up this way anyway.

It is supposed to be in Chattanooga now, most likely for a 92 day inspection, although I cant figure out why they sent it there, when Roanoke was closer.....unless they have plans for it this weekend... ;D
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Ponce de Leon

I believe EM is correct---it hasn't rolled on the CNO&TP yet. When it was first painted, it came out of Chattanooga to Knoxville, and then on to Roanoke I think. It showed up in Norton/Andover later (via Bulls Gap), and then ended up in the Bluefield area in pusher service. Of course it was in Spencer as well.

Those are the basics---but I agree I don't recall it heading up the CS.
Ron Flanary

thpbears

Badhorse79

Thanks guys! I hope it gets to venture out of the coal mines, but does give excuses to head over to the pokey and other West by god Virginia and Va. Areas

Batman

the dirty 8099 is sitting on the paint shop runaround next to NS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk