RATHOLE Dvd

Started by Badhorse79, October 24, 2012, 12:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

I just watched Pentrexs' The rathole in october 1995 (when I would railfan it every weekend) and its nice to see NS before it exploded into what it is now!  Not a thing wrong with them now I must say,  just good to see a triple crown with one loco (GP60) And stack trains 3 geeps also Not a catfish n site the newest loco is An SD70 Hmmm Mmmm ! Next up,  The pokey 1997 thank you pentrex ... although I have it on VHS ... yikes ill watch the DVD instead

NSMoWandS

You mean like this? Took this a day ago in Dalton, GA... two standard cab SD60's!!! Dan

Badhorse79

Yes Dan, just like that!  5 GE heritage locos an all EMD lashup ... play the lotto your on a roll

NSMoWandS

The next train after that one was GE widecab leading with SD70M-2/ SD70/ SD70M-2 trailing. If only Chatt had taken the GE off... can't win them all! Dan

Ponce de Leon

I think I have the cab ride video, which is pretty good as well. It's amazing how much the railroad has changed. More amazing is the fact this was (come next year) 18 years ago. That's actually a long time ago! My own memories of the Rat Hole go back almost 50 years---and that now qualifies as ANCIENT history!
Ron Flanary

Badhorse79

Lol Ron! The cab ride is a great video , and im glad I had weekends to enjoy it and saluda and old fort area but the Hole was home for 3-4 years!  Seeing it now would be like a newer place ...but im sure ill enjoy it ! Maybe one day that'll happen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk