Strange loads

Started by Badhorse79, September 08, 2012, 03:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Im.here at Glendale Ohio and there was a northbound with 4-6 flats with what looked like passenger cars under blue tarps ... anyone have an idea what they were It flew by so getting my phone out was impossible

lwjabo

My guess without seeing them is some form of rapid transit cars going to a city or region transit company. There cars are not compatible with the brakes and couplings on standard cars.

Badhorse79

Possibly!!! the 3 flats in front of them had some weird looking tracks on them ... they we're sectional and looked funky not like standard track?  Hmm I wish I could of got a pic... thanks

AD4YJ

Did they look anything like these? Took this in 2003.
Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

Badhorse79

AD4YJ

Saw them 3 or 4 times(all within a couple of weeks), and haven't seen them since. They always had 3 or 4 when I saw them, but no flat cars around them.
Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

Badhorse79

The ones I seen looked like there was a dome (more to the middle) and the three flat cars were first, they were carrying funny looking track ? It looked like grade crossings but not? I dunno! Lol thanks for posting that so I know I wasn't seeing things

NSMoWandS

As a guess... with your center dome comment Badhorse... They were prob RDC's going to Dallas. The rapid transit there uses old (but rebuilt) RDC's from CN.  But, just a guess! Dan

Badhorse79

I thought that too but the area was longer and reminded me of the Super Dome but didn't quite go to the end ... man I really needed a pic huh ...

NSMoWandS

Well, then I am 100% certain that it was "something" for "somewhere"! LOL! Maybe, export locos for South America or something? Some of those lines run on narrow gauges. But, as always... just a guess. Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk