NS16J

Started by jhicks7, July 16, 2012, 01:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhicks7

I was listening to my radio tonight since I can pick up some of the Roanoke yard chatter at my house and I was bored. At about 115 I heard what I thought was 16J. Does anyone know anything about this symbol and if it should even be in Roanoke? This is a new one for me and doesn't sound like coal either.

Josh

csx6900

According to my resources (which could easily have been out-dated by now), there is no 16J.  If there were such a train, it would be manifest freight, but I can't find any record of a 16J anywhere.  So either this is a new symbol or you heard it wrong.  I frequently can't understand what they're saying on the scanner between static, background noise, and sometimes even the accent of the train crew member.  Hope this helps!

-Evan
Owner and Administrator of RailSightings.com

Fly Device

There's a 16T through Roanoke. Birmingham, AL to Allentown, PA I believe.
- Matt
Trackside at 45.9, Piedmont Division

jhicks7

I hear that one quite often, so maybe the T was twisted into a J somehow. Just thought I would ask, thanks for clearing that up!

Ptrainman

Josh, I am thinking 16T also, never heard of 16J.

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

stillbre

My guess would be a 76J.  Be a stretch to get 16 out of 76 but no more than getting J out of T.  There is a 76J that runs regularly.  I think it might be an alternate Belews Creek symbol or maybe Brickhaven.  I know 76K used to run to Belmont on occasion.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk