Some folks just dont want you to watch trains

Started by Badhorse79, May 14, 2012, 03:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

While sitting in Arlington Heights Waiting for the Circus train there's this BUTTHOLE who everytime im there calls the PD on us ... well since I work at the local CVS I happened to speak with the Chief of the AHPD being that he a fan himself and a school chum obliged that its ok to park on the street and watch and to let the officers know the deal when this moron calls on us ... Welp that worked today and the Butthead was told to stop aggravating the police and worry about other things besides railfans ... thanks Chief Harper you da Man

NSMoWandS

Anywhere on PUBLIC PROPERTY is legal... and if approached by a cop... all you have to give is a name and address.... you DO NOT have to submit to an internal document check... if an officer threatens you with arrest... either give him your ID... or let him arrest you...then, sue the officer and thge department for violating your 1st (preventerd from taking legal pictures) and 4th (for after they arrest and cuff you and take your ID out of your pocket... for that IS illegal search and seizure.) amendment rights... but, it sounds as if your PD is ALOT cooler that mine! haha! LOL! And, I am NOT a lawyer and will NOT represent you in a court of law... I just believe in the US Consitution.

Badhorse79

Thanks man ... I am more upset at the moron calling on us he's a lot like the Zimmerman fella a pain it the ass wanna be reject cop that has nothing better to do ... I waved to him as we left after missing the Circus train he was out on his porch... watching? 

NSMoWandS

Just brush it off... some people think they are worth more than they really are... eg- "I am protecting the homeland from terrorist!"... haha! no... you are adding to the continued erasing of our civil rights!

thpbears

I have saw police take pics with the Father and his Kids as the train goes by. Thee are good and bad in everything.

Ed Fury

They need to start charging these boy who cried wolf alarmists with a dispatching fee, gas, and labor for all false alarms.

chipallen16

Matt L

Quote from: Ed Fury on May 14, 2012, 09:34:28 PM
They need to start charging these boy who cried wolf alarmists with a dispatching fee, gas, and labor for all false alarms.

Yeah, no kidding. Some idiot called the cops on me in Hornell a few years ago. The caller thought I was trying to commit suicide because I ran in the general direction of the tracks when a train approached. The policeman was pretty cool about it- he knew I was a railfan when he saw my camera. It's too bad the cop had to be distracted from protecting the public by a knucklehead who couldn't figure out that I was just taking pictures!
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Joe the Photog

I've been called in a few times myself. The best (meaning dumbest) time was when I had pulled off on a bridge to take a few night time shots. I was using my tripod and apparently someone thought it was a gun. One of  the local LEOs pulled up, saw my car, threw up his hands and got out of  his car as if "Why did they ccall you again?" Because I was in my company car that had the TV station's name and number all over it.

We laughed over that one and he stayed with me just chatting in general.

Other times it's not so funny, but I have been prettty lucky more times than not. I did write about one encoutner in Spartanburg on my Flickr page --

CSX @ Wofford by Joseph C. Hinson, on Flickr
Joe H.
Columbia, SC

"There's nothing wrong with being shallow as long as you're insightful about it." -- Dennis Miller

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk