Need a little information about a job I'm thinking of pursuing

Started by ConCat, January 18, 2012, 04:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConCat

I"m looking to apply for a Fireman Oiler job out of Conway yard. Was wondering what all the job entails. I've read the description, And I see it involves refilling Locomotive fuel tanks, checking crankcase oil levels, refilling sand buckets, and doing other work around the facility. Was wondering what the other work around the facility might entail and what kind of shifts might be involved. I am working second shift right now and would like to go daylight some time down the road if possible. Kind of missed my daughter growing up, She was born about a month before I got the Job I'm at now. Also am wondering if my age might be a stumbling point? I'm 48 and not getting any younger. Thanks in advance for any insight you can supply.

steveiez

At 48 you are the right age. Shift work is the norm. Take whatever they offer you. Railroads have a bright future. Good hunting!
Steve

ConCat

Thanks for the reply Steve. Good to hear that 48 isn't the end of the world to get a job on the railroad.

steveiez

They also like people who have worked in outside work or travelling jobs such as truck drivers.
Steve

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk