Intermodal trains without stacks

Started by D300, March 15, 2012, 12:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D300

The system train number list provided by WoW is a great update to the lists I have.

One question:

One or more intermodal trains operating on the Harrisburg and Pittsburgh lines are strictly trailers and carry no stacks.

Can anyone verify the correct number pairs?

Are there any others on the system that do not carry stacks?

D300

florida581

I think intermodal trains 20E, 21J, 24M are all trailers and single stacks.  Not sure if those are the only Pittsburgh Line single stackers though. Those just come to mind.

Since the completion of the tunnel work on the Pokey, trains 233, 234, and 236 have went from all single stacks to double.  Trains 217 and 218 still haul quite a few trailers and single stacks, but again, after the completion of the tunnel work, more double stacks have been showing up on these trains.
Andrew

NSMoWandS

D300, if you were talking about me... it was Florida581 that posted the list... i just made a comment.

Matt L

22K and 23K, which operate on the Southern Tier Mainline and the ex-NKP mainline, have a mix of auto racks, TOFC and single stacks. Double stacks can happen on either train, but they are apparently rare. 
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

florida581

Quote from: Matt L on March 15, 2012, 06:58:38 PM
22K and 23K, which operate on the Southern Tier Mainline and the ex-NKP mainline, have a mix of auto racks, TOFC and single stacks. Double stacks can happen on either train, but they are apparently rare.  

They are definitely single stacked east of Mechanicville on the Pan Am due to the Hoosac Tunnel.  Any double stacks are either "filleted or toupeed" at the Mechanicville ramp.
Andrew

Matt L

Quote from: florida581 on March 15, 2012, 07:51:28 PM
They are definitely single stacked east of Mechanicville on the Pan Am due to the Hoosac Tunnel.  Any double stacks are either "filleted or toupeed" at the Mechanicville ramp.

Ah, that would make sense.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk