CNO&TP 3rd District Now on MSTS

Started by billworsham, April 13, 2011, 10:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billworsham

For those of you who are Microsoft Train Simulator (MSTS) fans, the Norfolk Southern CNO&TP 3rd district route is now available in the MSTS file library .  It was uploaded overnite last night.  I am downloading it now as I type.  I am not the route developer...just letting you all know.

Speaking of, gelocos, if you read this, how is your Rathole version coming along?  Do you need any help on it?

Conrail Tweety

Thanks for the heads-up Bill.

I've been beta testing the Horseshoe Curve pre-release for MSTS, but unfortunately I don't have enough computer to run it except in rural areas.

I'm still adding to my TD3 layout. It has all the NS Virginia Division districts west of Roanoke all rolled into a single dispatcher. It fits onto a 1080 widescreen without scrolling. I still need to add some Pulaski Dist locals, Bluefield locals, and one more Radford local to Celco. Progress is slow because every time I add something new and test it, I end up running about a ten-day schedule because it's so fun I can't put it down.

Bluefield needs to be reworked for accuracy. I based my layout in part on data from an earlier release of ATCS Monitor, which has since been revised after better aerial images became available. I'm missing some signals near RD.

I've yet to complete a dispatcher session without sending at least one westward train bound for Bristol into Bluefield or vice-versa, or let a westbound going to Princeton-Deepwater Dist get into Bluefield. Those sim crews don't say anything when they're routed off-course. Maybe they are just trying to get some virtual overtime.

Dennis
"I 'tawt I 'taw a Tessie tat!"

billworsham

I have heard alot about TD..how do I get it?  Is it free?

Edit:  Never mind..I found it.

nsgelocos

Well the Rathole is at a Standstill with the mainline trackage from C.P. Strange to the North Side of Bridge 54 at Burnside. About two hours run time so far. I'm having trouble finding Digital Elevation Models for Somerset/Pulaski Area. I'm using a program that takes these USGS DEM models and converts it to MSTS terrain. It's kinda cheating but it makes my life easier.  ::)

As for this route i'm going to have fun picking on details and adding stuff :)

I may need some help at some point with the route finding stuff for it.
Aaron Beaubien
University of Kentucky
Mechanical Engineering

NSMoWandS

If anyone is interested... I am 95% complete on a TD3 layout of NS Reading area. It goes from CP Millards on Harrisburg Line thru to CP Alburtis on the Reading Line and to CP Tillys on Harrisburg Line.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk