NS 202 Origin and Destination

Started by billworsham, February 08, 2011, 08:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billworsham

I would like to know what the origin and termination points are for 202.  My records show at one time it was Memphis to Atlanta.  I now see this train going up the Bristol line to Bristol and points further north.

NS512869

Quote from: billworsham on February 08, 2011, 08:15:25 AM
I would like to know what the origin and termination points are for 202.  My records show at one time it was Memphis to Atlanta.  I now see this train going up the Bristol line to Bristol and points further north.

202 originates in Memphis and goes to Erail, NJ. Usually with 2 motors and a pretty healthy train. Here lately he has had some really old power. Sunday he had NS 6500 up front. Its usually an ES or D9.  Its the hottest train on the A line.

lwjabo

Train 202 when I was still working went from Memphis to Chattanooga and then Atlanta. It was always long. Often over 2 miles and I have seen it longer than that. Had many blocks. Some of the train was blocked east from Atlanta but back then they would divide the train and put the blocks on other trains as needed. The train from memory must have started running back about 1995 but it may have went via Knoxville before we on the Georgia Division got it. I had a few good trips on it but get to Inman and spend 4 hours putting away the train in different blocks. Many times I went on the law trying to yard it. It had a lot of empty TOFC and COFC on it. I never remember it being hot. Still things do change.

billworsham

Thank you gentlemen, for your response.  Now I can put this information in my youtube videos of 202.

NS212

From what I understand, 202 used to relay the bulk of its traffic to 214 in Atlanta, which then went north to Jersey. 214 was often late getting out of Atlanta, while waiting on 202's relay. Since traffic grew enough, and they got tired of delaying 214, they just route it straight to NJ now. The train is usually 6000+ ft long. Right after the Conrail aquisition in 2000, they ran this train as 22T between Memphis-NJ, but traffic wasn't as substantial then and the run was abolished, and the traffic was sent onto Atlanta then tacked onto the rear of 214.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk