trying out a new slide scanner.

Started by E.M. Bell, January 14, 2009, 08:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

I bought a new canon slide scanner today, and after hooking it up just had to try it out. I grabbed a couple of random slides out of a bag and here is the result. I like the quality, its much better than I had before. Now maybe I can get around to a lot more scanning....but I dont want to bore yall with this ol Southern stuff :)

Southern GP50 #7090 at Ludlow Ky 1988

A Westbound train at Waddy KY in 1987.  Guess its just luck I do a random pull and get Two GP50's

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

GP30Rider

Bore us please!!  Just leave the horses in the stable.

E.M. Bell

suffering from a bout of insomnia tonight, so here are a couple more..

A pair of Southern SW1500's bracket a slug made from what looks like a old Alco S1 or S2 frame. Linwood NC, Sep 1988

Southern 5222 sits adjacent to a Southern cabb in the yard at Lawrencebug KY in 1990.  This must have been a work train, as the local power did not tie up down in the yard, and they didn't ever use a caboose. 

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

ssmith1627

I agree.  Keep boring us.  Those are fantastic.  I love the very first one you posted.

Steve

J-man

Very nice Emmett!  Nothing beats old Southern pictures.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

mbgphoto79

Great Linwood shot, back when you could just walk in...  Scanner looks to be doing a good job, wish I had shot slides back then and not the dreadful Kodak Gold films! 

TM3358

I must say I do love the high hood power my favs would be the GP50s and the #2 are SD40-2s

Railnet

What brand of scanner are you using? Will it scan negatives into color pictures ?
Stephen

etalcos

Hey, Emmett, those weren't real clear.  Try a few more, maybe some '30s or '38s.  We'll let you know when they clear up... ;)

E.M. Bell

I am using a Canon CanoScan FS4000, and one of these days might even good at using it.  I decided that with 15,000+ slides to go through and get scanned, I wanted to get something good to do it with..

Ill take your request Charlie, and see what I can dig up and maybe even get them a little less fuzzy :) 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

It looks like you picked up a pretty good scanner in reputation and end product!  Keep sharing all you want! Nothing beats the old Southern Stuff!
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk