More Southern stuff from the archives.

Started by E.M. Bell, December 24, 2006, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

I stumbled on some more Southern stuff buried deep down in the archives.  Didnt figure anyone would mind a few more  :P

A pair of Southern SW1500's are paired up with the remains of a Alco S2 to work the hump at Linwood Nc. 1988

A road train is setting off Southern 5112 at Lawrenceburg Ky. The 5112 will be used for power on local train #98-99 (now T19)  This was 1989 or 1990.

Southern GP 35 #2661 is tied up on the oil track at Lexington KY in 1988. This would have been the power for train #22, the local to Versailles Ky over the LL branch. Dig that blue Caddy!

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Michael Knight

Bravo Emmett! Keep up the good work. I always love to see images from the days when I was too young to appreciate or understand. ;)

Tweetsiefireman

Nice images EB. Linwood is close to my heart/location, though Ive never been able to actually find and get inside the yard.

Enginecrew

Nice shots Emmett; while admittedly I?m not a true SOU fan (worked for N&W :)), I do like the paint scheme used on SOU's hood units.

stillbre

I agree Emmett, great looking stuff.  I always enjoy seeing good ole Southern power.  I was too young to ever remember seeing much, if any power wearing tuxedos.
Bart, next time you and I go railfanning, remind me to take you into Linwood.  Neat place but you can't hang out too long in there.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

nscnotp1

Nice shot Mike. Nemo is on the southern end of 2nd Dst, right?

I shot that train climbing up Kings Mtn on the northern end of 2nd Dst on 1/3/06.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk