Couple Oldies

Started by beal99, August 08, 2011, 02:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beal99

Richard Beal shots

1. No idea on the location, date in the 1970's

2. 1982 NMRA trip, again, no idea on location

Ponce de Leon

Nice shots! That shot of the GP30 on the point looks familiar----but I'm not sure of the location.

Even though it was really a C&O engine, "Southern" 2716 was one of my favorites. Here she is in 1982 on the Appalachia Division:

Ron
Ron Flanary

E.M. Bell

That first shot with the 30 almost looks like it might be around Emory Gap or Rockwood TN, but my money is on Emory Gap.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

blacksheep

the 2716 lived down here in birmingham for years. it was stored on the back track in the steam shop. for awhile 4501 was on the same track with it. that was neat, seeing both together in there. wish i'd taken some pix.
this wasn't supposed to happen, so don't tell anyone. a buddy that had worked for the NS steam department told me about all the parts they borrowed from the 2716. it surprised me that it ever ran again. they borrowed stuff you couldn't just go buy.
i never got to see the 2716 under steam so thanks for postin pictures
it was a sad time for me when they closed the steam shop. i was there for the auction when they sold everything. i was thinkin i might find a deal on some tools. what a joke, all the tools had "NS steam dept." engraved on them so folks were paying way too much for them. my buddy told me later he had engraved some of those tools and if i wanted some to bring him some tools and he'd engrave them for me. now i wish i'd taken him up on it. i could sell them on e-bay for big bucks. 

Batman

Yea , top one has to be emory gap !   nice shots !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk