A pair of unique SD60E's on the CNO&TP and Louisville District

Started by E.M. Bell, July 16, 2014, 05:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

I am slowly (verrry slowly) getting caught up on processing the overwhelming amount of stuff I have shot this year so far...here is the next installment in that seemingly bottomless pit of work...

During a 4 day period back at the end of June, both of the "special" NS SD60E's made appearances here in KY, and I was lucky enough to be able to grab a few shots. On June 27th, the GORAIL 6963 was the leader on train 375, and then on June 30th the Veterans unit NS 6920 was the leader on train 285. 

I have been able to shoot the 6920 a couple of times before, but this was my first time seeing the GORAIL unit. I have to say after seeing it in person that I probably wont be making in special efforts to see it again...just something about that Green paint that is not really that appealing to me. In any case, I am glad I was able to get it...

Below are a few samples, and the entire set in much higher resolution can be found over on Pbase at this link>>>  http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/nsocs_heritage2014

06/27/14

GORAIL 6963 leads NS 375 as the train climbs out of the Kentucky River valley at Burgin, KY on the 1st District of the CNO&TP

The obligatory roster shot

After a crew change, 375 gets on the move at CP North Wye (Just North of Danville KY). The train will hang a hard right here and head West for Louisville.

06/30/14

I headed over to Waddy, KY after work and was able to get the 6920 leading train 285 East. Here is 285 topping over Waddy Hill.

285 passes through the cemetery at Lawrenceburg, KY.  I was sort of glad to get this shot in a bittersweet way.  My day is buried here (just off to the left out of frame) and was a lifelong railfan, not to mention a WW2 and Korean War veteran. 

My favorite shot of the series.  THe 6920 leads train 285 through the farmland at Talmage, Ky just a couple of miles from our home. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk