A look back on the month of April...

Started by Southern6482, May 15, 2013, 04:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern6482

Finally had time to get my favorites from April loaded up to JREB.  I got a brand new camera delivered at the beginning of April so it was a fun month to play around with trains..  Hope you all enjoy!

Probably my favorite spring images thus far come from Donerail...There was about a week's time frame that the purple violet flowers, used as a cover crop, allowed for these pictures...

Here is northbound hotshot 216...

Northbound work train..

A massive 295 rolls south - ironically those storm clouds overhead knocked most of the "purple" out of the field...

A northbound 216 glides past the old GM Taylor Seed Company in Georgetown, KY.  This old bumper has seen many of a train in its day, including Ps4s; Ms4s and other Wimble-equipped steamers...

On another day out, I caught the northbound 142 passing the old bumper.
[/URL]

Southbound 143 rolls past the "Old Barn" at Old Lemons Mill Road. Photo essay to come on this location.

Three way meet! A unique opprotunity allowed me to capture just how important 229 is! The dispatcher, on Otto override of course, held a northbound 376 and southbound T91 (yard job) until 229 could split them at Fayette.

Northbound 170 overtakes 200 which is waiting to get into Delaplain Yard.  The "replacements" loom.

200 finally got on her way later...

Smoking it up - a northbound grain train passes under the old GRS signals in Georgetown.  This was a day that I was fortunate to see 12 trains in less than 3 hours.

Northbound 276 nears its final destination of Delaplain...

One of my primary focuses the month of April was capturing the old GRS signals at Georgetown.  The replacements have been up since November and no one for sure knows when the "Southern Style" is set to be removed.

Note the mis-matched number boards on the Trash-9 leading 143 south.

The "pride of the fleet," an extremely short 61A, rumbles south in the closing light.

A southbound ballast trains rolls south with a GREAT leader.  Don't worry, someone was kind enough to do a little landscaping - those cat tails are now knocked down.

E.M. Bell

Looks like that new camera is doing well for you...heck, you are finding places up there that might even change my opinion of the 1st District.  Keep up the good work!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk