A perfect Spring day with old and new EMD's

Started by CarmonH, April 14, 2013, 05:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarmonH

After hibernating for a couple of months during the cold weather, I finally got the camera out again and headed out with E.B. yesterday (April 13th)  for a few hours of trains close to home. The weather was nothing short of perfect, with fairly warm temps and not a cloud to be seen all day.

We started out by shooting train 223 in Harrodsburg, with a new (rebuilt) SD60E leading, and ended the day with train 375 and a pair of SD60's. In between the good stuff, we suffered through the usual afternoon rush of 15 or so Southbounds, each with a GE of some nature on the point. It was a great day though, and we came home with some decent material.

My shots from the entire day are at this link, with a few of my favorites posted below. http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/ns13clb

Train 223 passes the Corning glass plant at Harrodsburg, Kentucky with a newly rebuilt SD60E shining like new money in the morning sun.

I thought this to be a most appropriate sign. NS 223 passes through Harrodsburg, taking several hundred big trucks off the road in the process. I wonder if all those people stuck at crossing for a few minutes realize just how much delay these trains really save them!

Southbound 215 sprints down the valley near Palm KY, with the fields finally starting to green up.

The tree's where starting to bloom and the pollen was heavy in the air as Southbound 229 passed through Southfork, KY

Late in the afternoon, a pair of SD60's drag train 375 around the Wye and start the trip West to Louisville, seen here on the Louisville District between South Wye and Shuttleworth.

Badhorse79

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk