My take on today's 38G with the NS 8104 (LV) leading

Started by dschlegel, April 25, 2014, 05:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dschlegel

I got real lucky today in that I was hosting an agency inspector at our factory who likes to eat at the White Palm in Topton for lunch. Knowing that I had a chance of seeing the LV unit today, I brought along my camera to work for the off chance it would run while I was near the Reading Line.
While we were eating my dad (jim6300loco) gave me a shot to say the 38G had just called Alburtis and was on the way. I trotted to my car (after putting down my fork), and headed across the tracks to grab these shots. I was almost skunked by what I believe was the 18N which came east immediately after the tail end of 38G passed me. After the excitement I returned to pick up the tab. My friend (the inspector) said, "I saw it, it was red," all while smirking at me. We both chuckled.

First is the LV Unit passing the ex Reading Station, check out the railfans waiving!

Second is the head end of 18N(I think) bearing down on Topton (That's the White Palm across the tracks).

Third is a brand spanking new NS 1109 leading the 18N across the Home Avenue Crossing.

Enjoy!
PA Dan

thpbears

NSMoWandS

dschlegel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk