North Winston-Salem Yard

Started by Chase55671, August 16, 2007, 03:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chase55671

Hey Guys,

I just recently got back from a trip to my aunt's house in Clemmons, NC. If any of you are a member of the yahoo group " carolinia  rails " you probably saw me posting about places to railfan in the Charlotte and Clemmons area's. Instead of going to Charlotte I decided to go to the North Winston-Salem Yard. It is located at 800 Gaynor street and the people there are very nice as long as you stay off the tracks. They let me get pictures of all of the engines there. There was a lot of NS equipment there including quite a few catfish and a SD-70 M. There was also a few NS SD-40-2's and a Ex- Conrail SD-50. I also saw a warbonnet # 512 and a  ex- UP unit now HLCX SD-50 with the " We Will Deliver " paint scheme still on the side! I will have some pictures of later of all the engines and a few autoracks I saw.

Thanks for looking!

Chase

Chase55671

Here is a shot of all the engines in the engine track. This show's the Conrail SD-50 and all of the catfish that were there.

JCagle

I have family up that way and I go that way on business a lot. It's good to know that they are fan friendly there. I'll have to stop by some time.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Chase55671

Yeah they were very friendly!

Chase

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk