Track Warrant Numbers

Started by nscnotp1, November 18, 2006, 09:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nscnotp1

I have noticed that the Louisville Dst Dispatchers use numbers 201-400 for their track warrants. Is there a reason for this? Are they designated by Division or District?

Railroad80

Up to 2003, Each Dispatcher had their own set of numbers for warrants, 100-199 1st trick dispatchers, then 2nd trick would have a different set as would 3rd... I assume it so that as shifts change it makes it easier for each dispatcher to be identified.  That was and may still be on the Georgia Division.
Maybe you noticed the difference in the numbers between the 3 shifts worked by the Dispatchers.
Randy

nscnotp1

They use the same sequence of numbers for all shifts on the Louisville Dst(201-400).

Michael Knight

I don't know the exact answer to this question. I've always wondered what the reason for this was. Here in Knoxville, I will often hear the West End dispacther starting the numbers over, beginning again at one. The track warrant numbers on the T5 district always seem to stay below two hundred one. While the KD and East End territoies' track warrants (and form 23-As) are in a higher series. I would guess that this is done to avoid confusion with the different districts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk