4 (16.7%)
K8DTI's Conrail OCS
6 (25%)
jjohns5182's Augusta Yard
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 07, 2010, 11:14:13 PM

JCagle

For many spring means one thing... Lots of OCS trips. Every year you can count on the OCS making it's way to the Masters and then off to the Derby.

Show off your favorite OCS shots this month. Conrail, NS, Southern, and N&W are all welcome for entry.

Entry will be open until the 25th and we will begin voting on the 26th

and as always the rules... Please note the entry limit this month!!

If some of you want to get some advice on the one photo to enter feel free to use the photo critique board. Let's try to keep them all in one thread for the month too. That will save with some topic merging with the board maintenance.

And as always the rules.....

All images entered in the contest must be your own images. Any violations of this will be banned from entering the contest for 6 months. Any subsequent violations will receive a minimum of 1 year suspension from the contest. At Jreb we take seriously the rights of photographers, and we strive to protect those rights.

Entries may be watermarked with your name if you desire, but please remove any references to other sites for contest entries.

There will be a theme announced for each month's contest.

All entries must be Norfolk Southern or it's predecessors.

There is no age limit or time frame that the pictures must be from.

Everyone including moderators and administrators may enter the contest.

Each participant is limited to ONE entry in the contest.

Since the winning image is posted on the main page you must attach the file as a thumbnail. You may post the image in the thread as well if you desire. Attaching the image can be done in the additional options menu above and to the left of the post button.

The deadline for entries will be posted in the theme post each month. Following the deadline a poll is placed in the thread for voting. When the poll is posted the deadline to vote is also posted. The poll will time out at the designated time. The winner is determined by the highest vote total.

In the event of a tie vote there will be a two day run off.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

NS2593

NS 955 passing the N&W CPLs at Glade Spring, VA on March 27, 2010.

tq-07fan

NS 955, Derby Train waiting for traffic to clear at NA Tower Cincinnati Ohio just after midnight April 27 2008.

Jim

E.M. Bell

Eastbound NS 955, the outbound Kentucky Derby train, rolls through Salvisa KY in the late evening sun on 05/04/08

A group of us had been chasing the train from Louisville, and for the guys that where with me, I had arranged a little private photo op here near JREB World HQ in Salvisa (KY) JREB members Robert James and Gordon Brandenburg had rolled out a couple of their vintage International Harvester tractors to pose with the train. Here, 955 passes through home with my Daughter Rachel Bell and Ms Edith James waving to the crew from the seat of a IH Model B. Thats Gordons IH 140 sitting to the right.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Batman

NS 955 on Tenbridge .     Chattanooga , Tn.

Joe Vittitoe

It's May 2,1987,Derby Day and Alysheba would win the 113th running for the roses.As thousands gathered
at the track I positioned myself at another kind of track.NS for the last time ran their four Southern FP7's
to Louisville for the event as they sat here at Whittner waiting for its guest to return for its trip east.

NS145

NS #952 at Griggsville, IL 11/3/2009.

NW: There's No Stopping Us!

Burghman

My son, then six at the time, takes his first OCS photo at the Amtrak station in Pittsburgh.

Rich

K8DTI

Conrail OCS-603 turning on the wye at Oakley, Ohio on the former PRR Richmond Branch.  The train operated from Columbus, Ohio to the Cincinnati area on an employee safety tour.  This is now Indiana & Ohio Ry. trackage with NS trackage rights.

jjohns5182

Didn't catch it street running this year but I did catch the OCS at night in the Augusta Yard.

JCagle

Sorry for the delay in the vote. I have been stuck out of town for a week with a busted laptop! After getting home tonight and spending 5 mins with the soldering iron we are back in business!

JCagle

Congrats to EM Bell for his OCS shot from Jreb World Headquarters! Look out in the next day or so for the June contest.

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

nice contest guys, pretty neat to see nothing but F-units  ;D 
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

JCagle

Thanks! We are trying to keep things mixed up and throw in themes for all levels of photographers. I am finalizing the June contest tonight, so look for it in the next day or so. Suggestions for themes are always welcome as well!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk