2 (9.5%)
Tq-07fan's Train @ Glen Lyn
0 (0%)
Tq-07fan's Train @ London, Ohio
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: September 01, 2008, 09:44:35 PM

Michael Knight

The theme for the September contest will be seasonal. Enter your images that capture the "dog days of summer."  Stormlight, sunlight, and scenes capturing heat waves as they rise are all welcome, as are any pictures taken during summer months.  Show us your summertime pictures!

All images must be of NS or its predecessors, and no more than two entries per person will be considered. If in doubt, please read the updated list of contest rules. http://jreb.org/ns/index.php?topic=4060.0

If anyone has questions, please P.M. me. Good luck!

TonytheTiger

Cloudy skies and scattered thunderstorms, that pop up most every day in mid summer, killed the light as this pair of ex-Conrail SD80MACs headed west from Enola, Pennsylvania, but clear skies off to the west promised better conditions, if I could get there before the train arrived.  Well, I did . . . .

Addendum (8/24/08):  I just found out that two weeks after I took this photo the 7215 was painted NS black.

Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA
Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA

Whitethorne

J53 Coopers WV the pokey.
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

Whitethorne

18M is going from main on to main two at Hull WV the pokey!
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

trainmasterrob

23R northbound Hagerstown District H 26 Ranson, West Virginia
TM ROB Between the B&O, N&W, W&P lines

CAGY 2777

Here's NS A-37 switching Tamko in Tuscaloosa,AL kicking up dust in the hot early July sun.
Proud hater of RailPrics.net & their over inflated ego.

GAandFLA-RR

Hot and bright outside, hot in the shade.  Our car shop in Savannah.
Jared

NS car inspector
Long live the G&F
LONG HOOD FORWARD FOREVER

TonytheTiger

The orange rays of the setting sun light the nose of NS westbound train 19G at CP Ruth on the east side of Harrisburg, Pennsylvaina.

Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA
Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA

NS2593

NS 111 rolls through the Virginia countryside under some wild looking cloud coverage.

NS2593

NS 15T heading west out of Bristol on a hot summer day. The crew has the front door open to try to get some air flowing through the cab.

IORY_Engr

Westbound coke train 412 under stormy skies @ Townwood, OH, on the Fostoria District.

AJB

Expoacher

While not an NS motor, NS daily freight 147 smokes it westbound thru Antler #2 tunnel just east of Davy and just west of Mohegan, WV on a hot and humid day in the mountains. This was the first train thru after the Heartland Corridor project workers cleared main one and two for the day, thus the heavy dust thrown up and the equipment parked outside the portal. The project work calls for tunnel clearances to be raised and involves chiseling away the ceilings or notching the sides, allowing doublestacks in the near future.
  Brent A. Harrison

Batman

Southern Rwy GP30 exits the Civil War era tunnel in Chattanooga.

TB4JY

Wow!  It's really going to be hard to pick just one of these photos.  You all have done a great job. ;)

Michael Knight

Get your last minute entries in because voting will begin soon! Good luck! :)

Khalua10

22A crew changes units due to air trouble on the inbound leader. The jam up in the yard is due to 111 having trouble on the trip from Knoxville clogging the A line.
My Rail Pictures at
JREB gallery - http://jreb.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9641
Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
GE
Dustin Grizzle

tq-07fan

1) Rented an SUV for a day in June and eventually chased this Eastbound seen here crossing from West Virginia into Virginia at Glen Lyn.

2) It's an unusually cool early August evening in Ohio, it's around 8:30 pm as this Westbound heads into the sunset at London.

Michael Knight

Michael Knight

Congratulations to Mike Ray, the winner of the September 2008 contest! Thanks to all who participated!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk