November 2007 Photo Contest

Started by Michael Knight, October 07, 2007, 10:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for the November 2007 contest Winner.

Jason Cagle's Night Shot- NS 9573
1 (5.9%)
Khaula10's 15T over New River
4 (23.5%)
Scooter 3798's CSXT 7885 Night Shot
0 (0%)
CP Alliance's  NS 416
1 (5.9%)
Hoydie 17's Night Signal Shot
2 (11.8%)
Jason Cagle's NS 6752
1 (5.9%)
Chase 55671
0 (0%)
Rob Kitchen- Eastbound at Cove, Penn.
2 (11.8%)
Rob Kitchen- NW at Ronoake
1 (5.9%)
Mike Kirsch- NS 7037
1 (5.9%)
Scooter 3798- CSXT 8595
2 (11.8%)
Todd Arnett- NS 9732 , Elkhorn
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: October 31, 2007, 10:50:03 PM

Michael Knight

Well, thanks to all who participated and made our first monthly photo contest possible!!!

I would like to encourage all to submit entries for November's contest. The theme will still be seasonal; this seems fitting and is similar to NS's calendar photos.

So let's see all of those fall pics. Whether there's snow on the ground or sunshine and green leaves, if it's from fall of any year it can be entered.

Good luck! :)

JCagle

This one is from November 2006. A Northbound manifest gets the red at North Kannapolis under the supervision of the man in the moon so an intermodal can run South out of the single track.

Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Khalua10

NS 15T has just made the junction onto the Pulaski District as it passes over the New River, lead by 2 Ex-Conrail units and a BNSF H1 Dash 9, adding a little color to the usual NS black. Radford, VA  Oct. 5, 2007

My Rail Pictures at
JREB gallery - http://jreb.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9641
Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
GE
Dustin Grizzle

scooter3798

It was around midnight when the races at the dirt track in Cumberland finished up on Saturday the 6th of October, so what was I to do? I headed down to Mexico at the east end of the yard where I found the power off of L130 sitting on the PPG lead. I set up for a shot using a couple of spotlights to light up the power, but then westbound pig Q135 rolled in for its crew change and took care of the lighting problem.

Scooter

CP Alliance

NS 416 Powder River Basin coal train sits ties down on the Mahoning Siding in Alliance,Oh waiting a fresh crew so it continue to the Sammis plant along the Ohio River. It is interesting to note that each color on the trees can be found in the colors of some of the railroads in the consist. Green for BN, red for stripes on the UP and on the nose of the SP unit and yellow for UP.

Hoydie17

Not much, just a nighttime signal photo.
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

JCagle

Unknown manifest just South of Reid Farm. November 2006
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Chase55671

Everyone has some very nice photos for November's competition! Good luck! I'm entering one from last year and one from this year..

I shot this photo on Novemeber 18, 2007 on a coal Novemeber morning. This was the 381 and the lead unit was a NS Catfish and the trailing unit was a UP Tunnel Motor. Enjoy!

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo=2006111815111532592.jpg&order=byposter&page=67&key=Chase55671

Thanks,
Chase

TonytheTiger

This photo was taken in April of this year, but it looks bleak enough to be a November photo.   An eastbound intermodal train approaching Cove, Pennsylvania, at sunset on April 22, 2007.

Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA
Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA

TonytheTiger

A short eastbound train is leaving the yard at Roanoke in October of 1983.  Two units, 14 cars, and a caboose - a great model railroad train.

Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA
Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA

TRNBUF

Eastbound NS local #D76 crosses a farm road as it proceeds to Centralia, Illinois where they will call it a day. ~ NS Illinois Division ~ Hoffman, Illinois ~ Date: 11/08/2006

Mike Kirsch
Nashville, Illinois

scooter3798

Here is another fall shot for me. This one is CSX helper B246 (CSXT 8595) leading Q368 downgrade into the horseshoe curve at Mance, PA on its way to Cumberland.

Scooter

tarnett

My entry for the November contest.

NS 9732 approaching the west end of the Elkhorn tunnel.

Regards,

Todd Arnett

Michael Knight

Let the Voting Begin; the poll will close on the 31st. (No entries are accepted after voting begins.)

Michael Knight

Congradulations to Khaula 10 for his winning photo! Thanks to all of those that participated! :)

Khalua10

thanks alot guys, I appreciate the votes!
My Rail Pictures at
JREB gallery - http://jreb.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9641
Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
GE
Dustin Grizzle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk