Snow on the Second District of the CNO&TP

Started by Gage O'Dell, March 10, 2015, 02:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gage O'Dell

In February, I uploaded a few pictures from the First District (mainly Lexington), from the foot of snow we received. Well, last week, we got ANOTHER foot of snow.. Since I got snow pictures up north, I decided to head south for a change. And boy did I have horrible luck all day... I missed 282 at Brannon Crossing due to a very slow truck and because my car would get stuck in the ballast lot.. I drove to North Wye, where I missed another northbound and missed 167 at Hogtown AND South Wye because of traffic and no where to park..

After a frustrating morning, it all started turning around when I caught a few engines running around the wye and 216 at the wye as well. I waited for the next southbound, which was waiting for 216, and once he came around the curve, I noticed the familiar look of a standard cab EMD. I was just happy it wasn't a GE, but a closer look into the viewfinder showed it was an SD40-2 leading a mainline freight. After it passed, I saw the GP60 and GP38 trailing, but that was just a bonus :). From there the chase was on, I got it at the Yard while fueling, Moreland and as you've already seen at Gradison. What a way to end the day and FINALLY end winter... (I've been a big advocate for snow, but walking 2-3 miles a day to class in melting snow REALLY sucks.. So its got to go..)

So without further ado and my awful story telling, here a some pics from the chase.  Here is a shameless plug for my Flickr >>https://www.flickr.com/photos/46459752@N08/

That bastard NS 167 at Danville Yard...

NS 216 splits the signals at North Wye

NS 12X, with the trio of veteran EMDs, crosses over at North Wye

NS 12X rounds the wide curve near a small farm in Moreland

And because I like it so much, here it is at Gradison

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk