it includes 2 engines
2 sets of The 3 set trinity spine cars
4 sets of the 3 set well cars
2 all purpose flats
and 30 misc. 53' containers
with shipping the total came to $999.91

anyone need a kidney lol   

mbgphoto79

Yeah, those spine cars ain't cheap! I'm doing a small shelf HO layout now and am stunned by the price of track, especially turnouts compared to 15 years ago.  I found some old Atlas N scale custom line turnout packages in the attic that had a whopping $4.99 price tag on them!  No wonder my layout was covered in switches!  I've found some good deals on ebay, but 95% of it is from an ebay store and it's the same price as going to your local hobby shop. 

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

Does the kidney have low mileage?  ;D I hope they were brass engines, yikes!!
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Badhorse79

One athearn SD60M Norfolk Southern DCC w/Sound
One MTH SD70M-2 Norfolk Southern DCC w/ Sound
however two SD70M-2 from overland is 2134.58 :( I'm in the wrong business
I thought this was a hobby

Ed Fury

I remember when you could get a piece of rolling stock from woolworths or the ben franklin 5 and dime for $1.99 and I'm not really that old. But I guess back then a $1.99 is equal to todays $35.99.

Badhorse79

Yeah I remember my dad and I going to johnnys toys and Id have 20 bucks and walked out with a undec athearn loco happy as hell now I walk out worried about the electric bill or the car look on my fiancĂ© s face ?   

thpbears

I bought a 5 bay rapid discharge hopper (Souther) on ebay for $10.00. I usrally see them go for up to $30.00 a car. I have found some very good buys on ebay. Just type in Norfolk southern or whatever you like.

Badhorse79

Yeah eBay rocks I've gotta alot of good stuff from there

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk