Main Menu

Swap meets Rock

Started by Badhorse79, March 06, 2010, 10:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Cincinnatis district 7 nmra club had a swap meet today and I picked up 2 Bachman spectrum Dash8-40CW (conrail), an undec.spectrum Dash8-40C and a undec proto 2000 SD60! the two wide cabs were a total of $60.00  and the other two were $55.00 all together!!! WOW I maybe a little excited but that was a good day for me lol  just wanted to share with everyone my luck!!! Plus I know how hard it is to find 4 engines for $115.00 that's almost a new one from a hobby shop ....     

NSMoWandS

Wow... I thought we had the conversation about needing to finish things!  Ha Ha!  Good luck!

Badhorse79

Lol oh yeah ....I could not pass em up, however the SD60 is waintin for decals, I detailed and painted it today so that one is almost finished, it's gonna be 6712 with the horsehead scheme, i've made lists for the Dash8's so there gonna take sometime yet     

NSMoWandS

Speaking of which... I have a Conrail SD50.  I do not know whether I should paint it in the HH scheme as a SD40E or just use number patch and leave it in the Conrail paint? What do you think?

Badhorse79

I'd go HH    the pic that dash9 showed me in the post I asked about them looks good and Ive always liked the a/c on top! that's what Im doing      IMG_0184.JPG

NSMoWandS

Yes... I like the a/c too... but I am still torn over what to do. Maybe I will think about it a little longer.

Badhorse79

Yeah I've been that way before lol my pops did an SD60M Conrail Quality scheme right when they came out and I Really wanted to paint it NS after the merger  but he did such a good job on it it's patched over and numbered 6779 lol so decisions decisions   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk