Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well all traces of UP are gone for good ! Gonna finish paint tomorrow

SOU91

William
Modeling Southern Railway 1975-1980

thpbears

Badhorse79

Thanks ! I hope the primer is dry in the morning I'm gonna get started on the gray then Monday I should be able to mask it and get the green on then semi gloss Tuesday ,  then all the little parts wednesday ! then decals next  if all goes well that is !

SOU91

Are there any updates on this unit Badhorse?
William
Modeling Southern Railway 1975-1980

Badhorse79

Still in primer , it was still sticky last week end after I painted it but been getting killed at work , I seen a few areas that needed more putty so that needs sanded hopefully this weekend I'll be painting it

Badhorse79

Well got the "grey green" on today gonna draw up a mask to cover it then hopefully finish it tomorrow with the dark green , this color almost looks like what NS uses for their primer

Badhorse79

NSMoWandS

Nice! Looks like the color they paint the inside of the cabs... which I believe is the color they used on the Interstate Unit... along with BNSF orange, UP Armour Grey and BNSF silver. DE Dan

Badhorse79

Hmmm guess I'll buy a Gevo next and do the interstate one ... " But Eric , you can buy them already done" I know I get a better satisfaction when I custom make it !

NSMoWandS

Uh... talking to yourself is one thing... answering yourself... now that's a whole other thing! LOL! DE Dan.

Badhorse79

Some time we have the best conversations with myself

thpbears

Glad you sent another pic I fell out of chair looking at the upside down one. ;D It really is coming along nicely. Send it on over to pull some topgons out of my mine when she is roadworthy.

Badhorse79

Sorry bears lol this phone I don't know why it does that ? But was soon as its painted and decaled you can borrow it for your mine runs!  get it dirty , wash it  all I ask lol

NSMoWandS

Quote from: Badhorse79 on August 11, 2013, 09:48:02 AM
Sorry bears lol this phone I don't know why it does that ? But was soon as its painted and decaled you can borrow it for your mine runs!  get it dirty , wash it  all I ask lol

BH, what about NOT derailing it and wrecking it... oh wait... it won't be on CSX track! LOL! DE Dan.

Badhorse79

Well if it derails and stays off Floor Valley it's all good lol !
Now issues with the decals ! To wide they should squeeze in between just below the arm rest and barely above the iso cab line

NSMoWandS

BH, cut the decal into two pieces with the cut in the middle of the curve. Then, trim just a little off of each. If they overlap... no big deal as when you seal it with dull coat or gloss coat... it will seal and hide the splice. Done it many times myself. DE Dan.

Badhorse79

Just gonna make masking it harder  :-[  I was gonna use it as a template I guess I'll get a copy of it and work it out that way

Badhorse79

Well did some masking tonight , but won't be able to paint till Thursday ! It's getting there

NSMoWandS

Come on man and hurry up! I am jonesin for some "Erie"... and some more "cowbell" DE Dan

Badhorse79

More Cowbell lol ! Don't fear the reaper it'll get done painted tomorrow lol

Matt L

Quote from: NSMoWandS on August 14, 2013, 12:51:44 PM
Come on man and hurry up! I am jonesin for some "Erie"... and some more "cowbell" DE Dan

Same here! Anyone who said the dead can't rise never knew about the Erie!
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Badhorse79

Going to go paint it , if it doesn't come out right , it's getting a shiny coat of black and horse head decals !!!
Wish me luck

NSMoWandS

thpbears

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk