NYC Via the Union Pacific

Started by Badhorse79, June 08, 2013, 07:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well finally got that UP ACe I ordered a few months before athearn announced the heritage locos
So here's UP 8634 ( which is a very nice looking model ) that will be transitioned in to Erie 1068

thpbears

Its a nice looking engine. I look forward to seeing it reborn with your handi work.

Badhorse79

Thanks Bears! I may change it to the wabash cause I'm having a difficult time finding the paint to match the Erie , which stinks cause I really wanna do 1068 the NYC unit is a coin toss !!! Decisions decisions !!!

NSMoWandS

It is a nice looking loco... I would feel bad painting it... for about .2 seconds! LOL! DE Dan

Badhorse79

Lol that's about how long it took me  , I'm gonna start the head light today get done and out of the way ! Then I'll plug up the rear sand hatches !

Badhorse79

Mohawk and low head lights done ! Now to the rear sand hatches

Badhorse79

here's a better picture ! also added the box that's on the fuel tank (I guess it has something to to with fuel consumption)

NSMoWandS

Nice! That didn't take long! LOL! DE Dan

Badhorse79

Nope , I ain't playing on this one ! And it's going to be NYC ! Got the paint (black) now I just have to wait on parts ( sunshades, rear ditch lights , head light , decals ) should be done by the end of the month !!! Lord willin and the creek don't rise

Badhorse79

Ok I found the Erie Green and Gray Green through walleters I mean Walthers scalecoat II and the decals are the PA FA diesels also through the most expensive way to buy stuff ... Sorry I mean Walthers ! Yeah back n forth the see saw goes ( shoulda bought two Aces then this wouldn't be an issue )

NSMoWandS

Badhorse79

$40 for 2 paints and decals ???? Oh and a set of sunshades ! Pfffffft

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk