Coal train up the hill " then down the hill

Started by Badhorse79, April 15, 2012, 11:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

The NS main that runs through crest at CP harris and the grade from the west is simply insane saluda type stuff ... then its all down hill dynamics where whining like a baby when I took the second shot but the Gevo and 60M where digging hard in this shot

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

thpbears

I am at a loss for words. This is simply awesome.

NSMoWandS

Badhorse79

This is the stretch im going to start the scenery and hopefully ill have the sheets of ply wood by the week end too finish the bench work

thpbears

Those are some nice looking weathered hoppers in the background. Any chance of a close up to give me some ideas?

NSMoWandS

Bears... there is NO wrong way to weather cars!!! Light, heavy, mud, rust... I am sure standing trackside... we have seen it all. For coal gons... I hit the trucks with a earth brown... some over spray on the bottom of the car is ok... looks like splashed mud. Then I spray light grey into the air(1 second shot) ... and (holding the car with the other hand) I pull the car through the spray. It lightly covers and gives a dried mud/dust look. Then I spray dullcoat... and while still wet... I use black pastel chalk powder to dirty up the tops and in the gon bay itself. Hope this helps.

thpbears

Yeah I am going to use some powders this afternoon to see if I can get that dirty grimy coal dust look. Thanks

NSMoWandS

And as far as the Power plant in MR... can you tell where the inspiration came for this...right down to the three vents on the side of the unloading shed(engine house). The engine house is pikestuff... the rest is scratchbuilt. Color looks familiar doesn't it?

Badhorse79

thpbears

Verny much appreciated Badhorse. They look great.

Badhorse79

Thank you man I have 6 more to dirty up  ...after that im running outta stuff to weather,paint,even do ... I guess ill continue to work on the road some ... I also was wondering how I could do a Web page with all my stuff and have like a guest section with photos projects how to's ya know stuff like that !

thpbears

That would be cool to have. I am not the best on computer topics. I dread trying to wire my layout beofre to long.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk