Training Division employee timetable/McDonnell

Started by D300, May 23, 2010, 11:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D300

This is a question for employees or timetable collectors.

NS at one time published an employee timetable for use at the training center in McDonnell, GA. It was standard format and was titled the Training Division. It was a little thinner than a regular division ETT., but a very nicely done idea. I have several of them.

Does NS still have such a publication today? If not what does NS give an employee at McDonnell these days?

And the big question: Does anyone know when (by date or timetable number) they last published a Training Division timetable?

D300

Backyard

I have a copy also.

It's the Norfolk Southern TC RR, Training Division, Effective Sunday, July 12, 1987, Timetable Number 2.

We got that at the Training Center, along with a tour & ran the two static-simulators & the full-motion cab/simulator.

The training route was the old Central of Georgia route(the track that runs by the facility).  It was looped into a continuous format.  They also had a simulation for a line out of Bellevue, Ohio...man I'd love to do that one today!

The routes were made using a locomotive with a camera mounted a'front, costing around $500 per mile.
Backyard/Allen

lwjabo

The Central of Georgia does not run by the training center. That is the H line and has always been Souther then NS. The training center is on the M line and that was orignaly The Georgia Midland and became Southern around 1900. Now go west to Griffin about 12 or so miles in the Central of Georgia. The M line 17 MP was at Lowell Bleachery at Dundee.

lwjabo

NS stopped making time tables as such. went to a book form where you add or subtract pages as needed. Sounds good but not that practical. It's large bulky. Fine if you sit at at desk but terrible if you live out of a bag like Engineers and Conductors do. With the old time table a conductor often carried one in his pocket. You can't do that now. When working a local often kept a time table so I could put a switch list on it as a hard back.

lwjabo

I'm sure it was a typo. I did not notice it at first. It's McDonough, Georgia.

Backyard

8) Thanks hand, I noticed it not...I knew I have you here for a good reason!
Backyard/Allen

D300

I realize NS is using a larger format timetables now. So my main question is do they still have a large format Training division timetable?

Anybody that went through the training center in the 2000's remember what they gave you?

NS212

I never received a training division timetable. Just a large binder timetable for the VA Division.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk