Inter-Divisional ECP Coal Trains

Started by Michael Knight, September 28, 2008, 11:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Knight

What are the symbols of the ECP coal trains that are running via Andover, Bulls Gap, Bristol, and Roanoke? Where do these trains terminate?

Michael Knight

I see that there are still no replies. I figured that one of our Bristol members would have responded. Are 720/721, 722/723 the symbols for these trains? If they're going through Bristol, they must come off the Appalachia District at Bulls Gap.

Khalua10

Hey, I dont know how I didnt see this thread, sorry for not responding. What I have always seen is that 722 runs the Appy District from Andover, VA to Clover, VA via Bulls Gap and Bristol with 723 being the return empty's. They also run a 770 on occasion which is also ECP and loaded in Norton with Norton being the Clinch Valley District which runs into the Appy and heads to Clover via Bulls Gap and Bristol. As for 720/721, they also run the Appy Dist. but not sure of their origin/termination.
My Rail Pictures at
JREB gallery - http://jreb.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9641
Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
GE
Dustin Grizzle

Michael Knight

Thanks for your reply! How often do these trains run? Does the 720 head east, through Bristol, after coming off the Appalachia District at Bulls Gap?

NS2593

Sorry for not responding to your first question, I didn't see this thread on here until today. They seem to run as needed, it seems like sometimes they run almost everyday and then other times theres only one or two a week. Yes, 720 does run east through Bristol after coming off the Appy at Bulls Gap. Another symbol that the westbound empties occasionally use is the 787, although I've only seen it used one or two times since they started running as ECP trains.

Michael Knight

It's good to see this coal moving through Bulls Gap and Bristol! Those lines in upper East. Tennessee must be having their busiest time in recent years. I hope to go and photograph these trains sometime.

Are all of the coal trains running via Bristol ECP?

NS2593

Yes, all the coal trains running through Bristol are ECP. I'd say these are some of the busiest times for this region in a while, the Appy District is really booming right now it looks like, with CSX trackage rights trains also in the mix. I'm planning on making a trip up that way on Saturday afternoon  if the weather forecast stays the way it is right now.

Robbman

720, 722, 770 (rarely) and 76A (spot contract) are symbols that have been used for the loaded ECP trains to Clover via Bulls Gap (with 722 being the most common)... these symbols have also been used for the same trains running via Bluefield (no ECP or DPU) .  723 is the most common MTY symbol, but 721 and 771 (rarely) have also been used.  787 was an odd universal return symbol that at one time was for MTYs going to Knoxville (for the 76Qs they used to run) and also for MTYs to Andover.  I've seen it used once for an MTY ECP train.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk