NS Knoxville to Chattanooga??

Started by gradymck, April 14, 2008, 09:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gradymck

Is the line from Knoxville to Chattanooga signaled?  I spent sometime around the Willoughby diamond today and heard trains on the NS being given track warrents to places like "Sweetwater" etcc... 

If its not signaled....does anyone have a list of sidings etc...?

Thanks
Grady McKinley

etalcos

Yep, Automatic Block Signals most of the way from West Sevier to Cleveland.

Charlie

Michael Knight

billworsham

See the signal list under the Central Division.

gradymck

Help me out Bill....I see a lot of signal lists.....but not one for that line.  Thats the first place I looked before posting....

Grady

Rockin Roller

J-man

You'll have to look for K&O signals (Knoxville to Oakdale), and then look up 3rd District signals.   The Knoxville line connects to the 3rd district going South via Caney Creek (K&O)  to Strange (3rd). 
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

Michael Knight

Sorry, Grady, the signal list for the Knox. West End district is not online...yet.

billworsham

I will get the West End District online tomorrow 4/16/08.  I am currently working on the Pittsburgh Div Signal list, and from time to time will take a break to do another list if needed (ie West End).

gradymck

No rush Bill...I am actually heading back to Asheville tomorrow afternoon.  I should have asked about the list before coming over to Knoxville.  I will be back this way in a few weeks....so I could use it then.  Spent some time around the junction/diamond at Willougbhy the past few days, and managed to figure out where some of the signals were on both the L&N and the Southern.  Managed to catch seven CSX trains yesteday & one NS and caught four CSX today and one on the NS.....not bad for a few hours time.

Grady
Currently in Knoxville, but back in Asheville tomorrow afternoon.

billworsham

Were you sitting at the NS/CSX Diamond in Knoxville yesterday?  I sat there a while then left for a while then came back and there was a car sitting there, backed up to the CSX line.  I think it was a small  tan colored car, but I couldn't really tell, because I was afraid to drive up too close.  Sooo, I just pulled in, saw the car, and turned around went back out.  I was afraid it might be a drug dealer or some other dangerous person...

billworsham

The West End District is online under the Central Division Resources.

J-man

Sorry about my post, I wasn't even thinking of the west end district, hahaha.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

etalcos

My fault for being lazy  at the keyboard.  I should have said ABS/TWC from West Sevier to Cleveland (or that general area) and CTC the rest of the way.  I suppose I did leave the impression that it was unsignaled past Cleveland which it is not.

CVP

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk