Quickest method--unloading rock hoppers....

Started by GAandFLA-RR, February 17, 2008, 10:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAandFLA-RR

Took this just as I was leaving the shop for home.....bring on the front end loaders!!!
Jared

NS car inspector
Long live the G&F
LONG HOOD FORWARD FOREVER

Michael Knight

Burgess, or how ever it's spelled, won't be happy.

GAandFLA-RR

No doubt.  I had to include this on the morning report.

One of our yard jobs was pulling a cut from CT14 when the gauge spread and 3 rock hoppers hit the ground.  Before anybody knew what was happening, one of them hit the frog and flipped on its side, bringing the other down with it.  The 3rd was lucky, a couple of our guys got her rerailed in no time.
Jared

NS car inspector
Long live the G&F
LONG HOOD FORWARD FOREVER

TB4JY

Maybe they were trying to fill in that pot hole. ;D

E.M. Bell

got to look at the bright side of things, at least there will be plenty of rock to crib up the track damage.  I did the same thing one time with a Covered hopper of sand that unloaded itself automatically when it turned over in the middle of Big Sink Pike in Versailles.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Bob Harpe

Sure glad that didn't happen last Saturday afternoon as my truck was parked right where all that rock spilled out.

Bob

TB4JY

Quote from: Bob Harpe on February 18, 2008, 06:33:10 PM
Sure glad that didn't happen last Saturday afternoon as my truck was parked right where all that rock spilled out.

Bob

You gotta be careful where you park.  Far from the tracks is a good thing.

JCagle

That's taking gravity fed unloading to a whole new level. At least all are safe and unscathed except for those those tooth marks that will appear on a rear end or 2.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk