Pocahontas current traffic levels

Started by gradymck, January 23, 2008, 09:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gradymck

Anyone know how much is running over the Pocahontas right now (and weather its during night or daylight).  Trying to figure out if I should head up there or to the CNO&TP.

Grady
Asheville

Hoydie17

As I understand, the traffic has not changed much, if at all on the Pokey.  A few trains were re-routed and anulled, but have been replaced by other movements. 

The big deal is that they are fleeting trains, so you might get 3 or 4 in one direction right on each other's markers, and then an hour or two later get 3 or 4 going the other way, another lull, wash, rinse, repeat.   So it's entirely possible you can luck out and get consecutive movements in decent lighting, or get screwed with the trains going in the "wrong" direction. 

Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

jeff

i work on this route and things really haven't changed much, tunnel work on our side which is to say between williamson and bluefield is set to begin the 1st of feb. with the i.d. runs being cut off and put back in the wb pool but trains as far as i know are not going to be rerouted much, it is primarily night at least thats all my job ever gets called on...a lot of time freight traffic in the late evenings followed by 2 to 3 coal trains. moderate traffic during the day. not nearly as much delay going east as there used to be, just long enough to get a pusher.

Chris7092

Thanks for the updates everyone - I've been toying with the idea of heading down that way here in a few months, and I was concerned with low traffic levels.   I'll be sure to check back to get an update before I go!

Chris
K8CRQ
Fort Wayne, IN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk