Peidmont/ Charlotte area members.......

Started by JCagle, November 12, 2007, 10:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCagle

I'm thinking about getting together a night photo shoot some time in December or maybe around the first of the year if there is enough interest. I'm pretty much booked up the rest of the month. If you are interested let me know and maybe we can get something organized on a Friday or Saturday night. I thought it would be nice to get to meet some of the members from the area.  And of course people from other areas are welcomed as well.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

stillbre

Jason,
Sounds good to me.  I went out and did a little night photography the other night but didn't get much of anything.
I think Todd Arnett and Marcus Neubacher still check this list every once in a while.  There may be more.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

JCagle

Sounds good we can work out a date whenever.I think there are a few other members in the area, although I don't know how often they check in. There is also a good chance that Jonathon and a couple others may be interested if I see them before. Now that it's getting cooler they should leave P41 running and a lot of the time the number boards are on too, so that could offer some good opportunities.

tarnett

Sounds like a good idea to me.  Did you have a particular place in mind?

Regards,

Todd Arnett

stillbre

Todd,
Probably up there at Kannapolis where we can keep Marcus awake.
The Old Yard in Salisbury and the overlook at Linwood would also be possibilities.  P40 and P43 are usually in good spots to shoot on Saturday nights.  L&C has power parked in a good spot down in Chester to shoot.  AC&W in Oakboro.  Just depends on how far we want to drive.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

tarnett

Fellas,

Just let me know when and I'll run it by the General.  Shouldn't be any problems.  Take it easy.

Todd

JCagle

I'm up for anything at all, or even a combination of spots. anybody got some dates that we want to shoot for?

JCagle

Things have probably been as busy for all of you as they have been for me too. December seems to always be the fastest month of the year and there is a lot going on. Anybody still interested in doing a night shoot (or just tagging along with some fellow board members)?  We can pick a weekend and go for it and see how it goes as far as locations ect. I haven't had much of a chance to get out and shoot at night lately, and I should be around a good bit for the next couple of months.

stillbre

Jason,
I'm still game for whenever.  We'll have to find some Saturday night that works for everyone.  I would've liked to have gone out tonight with the full moon and clear skies but had to finish wrapping presents.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

JCagle

Yeah it would be a great night to get out. I went out for a little bit more or less just to get out and didn't even grab the camera.

JCagle

I have been checking out the weather and it looks like next weekend looks like it's going to be pretty decent. Anybody want to try to go shoot some night shots one of those nights? If so what area would you want to look at heading towards. I know we have batted around a few areas and anything would be good with me.  What say you?

stillbre

Jason,
I'm game.  I'd say one of three places.  Kannapolis, Gastonia, or Norwood.  Saturday night would be good, especially if we do Gastonia since P40 will be there.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

JCagle

Sounds good to me. Last night I went and played around a little bit while 750 was pulling the power for p41 since the leaser on the train burned the leads on motor 4. It was interesting to say the least. Saturday would be a better fit I think as well. I may head down past Gastonia during the daylight possibly anyway.

stillbre

Jason and anybody else in the area.  The OCS is supposed to be parked at the NCTM starting Saturday night.  Anybody interested in shooting night shots of it Saturday let me know.  I plan on going up there.  Email me at and we can coordinate.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk