What's the most motors you've photographed in a train lashup?

Started by Hoydie17, January 21, 2007, 07:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoydie17

This isn't the most engines I've ever seen, in one train, most engines I've ever seen on the head end is 14.  BUT, this is the most I've ever photographed.

38Q heading Northbound with 8 units on point.

1.) UP C44-9W
2.) UP SD90/43MAC
3.) NS C40-9W
4.) NS C40-9W
5.) NS ES40DC
6.) NS SD40-2
7.) NS GP15-1
8.) NS GP60

Here's the groundrules.

Must be a photo you've taken, and it must be in an over-the-road movement.   (That means NO lite engine moves).  Headlights must be on if the train is coming towards you, but obviously, going away shots are welcome.

Let's see it.

Sean
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

nscnotp1

J-man

God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

TonytheTiger

Six to eight units was common on a C&O train through the New River district in West Virginia in the '80s . . . .

Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA
Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA

E.M. Bell

NS 111 always has a lot of DIT power headed for chatt or Roanoke, gathered up from points West. I count 11 here, but there was more than that you cant see. Not unusual to see 14 or 15 on this train, albeit dead...

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

nscnotp1

Here is one with 10 on NS 111 at Shelbyville, KY.

http://jreb.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=5805

NS Dispatcher

Theres nothing worse than train 111 at tonnage with 2 working engines and stalling Temple hill knowing that the other 10 engines in tow cant be used to help pull up the hill. Somedays I cringe when I work this train on my 3rd shift Wedneday.

JME

nscnotp1

Probably 111 does the same thing whenever it gets up the hill at Kings Mountain and Tateville Hill on the 2nd District.

Michael Knight

Quote from: NS Dispatcher on January 21, 2007, 11:17:58 PM
Theres nothing worse than train 111 at tonnage with 2 working engines and stalling Temple hill knowing that the other 10 engines in tow cant be used to help pull up the hill.
JME

Yeah, and all of those engines add just enough dead weight to help ensure that the train stalls.

NS Dispatcher

From what I can remember when I worked the Southend a few times at Somerset, the tonnage rating was alot higher on the Southend thanbetween Louisville and Princeton. A big 6 axle is rated at 3400 tons eastbound and 3300 tons westbound unless you count Duncan Hill then its 1950 tons westbound.

JME

TRNBUF

Cool thread and nice shots everyone!!! ;D

There are only seven on this one but I caught this colorful mixture at Gorham, IL  on March 6, 2004. 

Dieselfan

Although I have no way to download the picture to this site,back in 97 or 98 , I was able to photograph 22 units s/b at Bowen,Ky. 20 of the units where ex UP/SP units heading for scrap down south.I just happened to find the shot the other day while looking through some other pics.I'd have to do some digging,but I could find the numbers for them.Most,if I remember right ,where 6 axle units!
EMD ; There is NO Substitute!!!

JCagle

I think the most I've ever got in the frame is 7 with 2 helpers on the end. I'm digging for a photo.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk