Baltimore wreck on CSX/Reroutes on NS

Started by dschlegel, May 28, 2013, 07:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dschlegel

I'm sure you've all seen the train vs trash truck footage on the news.

Thankfully it seems the injuries are not life threatening for the truck driver and the train crew is physically alright.

Is there any word on whether CSX will need to detour trains on NS, and if so what would the routing be?

Stay safe!
Dan

thpbears

Glad they will live through this

NSMoWandS

Ok, crew is ok. Driver of trash truck(roll off dumpster kind) is in critical but, stable condition. Work train already on site. Plans are for most things to go west towards Ohio and then back east. However, from inside CSX source... CSX wants to run its hotshot intermodals (Q031, Q032, Q033, Q034) on NS to Hagerstown, MD and then back to CSX or CSX to Hagerstown, MD and then NS to Philadelphia, PA. Will keep you all updated as more info becomes available. DE Dan

NSMoWandS

CSX R140 (re-routed Q140... tropicana/intermodal) is currently off the Cumberland Sub and onto the Lurgan Sub. It is headed to Hagerstown, MD to cross over to NS's Lurgan Branch to Harrisburg Line. So, re-routes are underway. DE Dan

dschlegel

Hmm, am I too well to attend work today?

NSMoWandS

It looks like either Friday or Saturday that things will be back to normal. DE Dan

NSMoWandS

NSMoWandS

dschlegel

Holy crap! It's pretty clear that the truck driver didn't even slow down to see if there were any trains. Frankly it's amazing the guy survived that impact!
PA Dan

dschlegel

My dad just reported a westbound Tropicana train on the Reading Line through Mertztown PA at 07:55.
Dan

dschlegel

I am watching an eastbound Tropicana train roll through Topton on the Reading line at 08:15. Sorry no pics, watching from my bedroom a block away.
Dan

NSMoWandS

Get shots while you can... Track 2 is having panel track laid at this moment... Track 1 still fouled by railcars. So, possibly open by tonight/early morning. DE Dan

NSMoWandS

Work train just got an EC1 to travel on Track 2 at 25mph. Will be taking rest of Q409(id of train that derailed) to Bayview Yard in Baltimore. Back in business folks! DE Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk