Name That Place

Started by MotoLinz, February 26, 2013, 10:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoLinz

I took this for a tag thread on a motorcycle forum but ended up using a different location. So, I thought it'd be fun to post here and see who can tell me where it is.

AFT2101

Looks like the old Loudon, Tn. depot location.

MotoLinz

Correct. That didn't take long. I need to pick something more difficult. LOL

AFT2101

I am at that location frequently, so it was easy for me.

Have you seen the caboose at the horse farm on Allen Kirby rd.?

MotoLinz

Yes, in fact I have a picture of my bike in front of one of the lady's fields on an extra pretty day. It looks like it has a deck of some sort built onto it, but I've never loitered to be nosey. She's pretty private.

I thought a caboose would make a terrific playhouse...until I realized how much that would cost. :)

E.M. Bell

The cabb itself would not set you back all that much, probably less than a new Harley. Having it moved to your property though, might be a tad bit more...Cranes x 2, low boy truck x2 (carbody on one, trucks on the other)...permits, labor, track material to build a place to set it on...then you get to restore it!

Something harder....who can say who the caboose in the above picture really belonged to. I am pretty sure it is not of Southern heritage..
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

AFT2101

Quote from: E.M. Bell on February 26, 2013, 06:33:06 PM
The cabb itself would not set you back all that much, probably less than a new Harley. Having it moved to your property though, might be a tad bit more...Cranes x 2, low boy truck x2 (carbody on one, trucks on the other)...permits, labor, track material to build a place to set it on...then you get to restore it!

Something harder....who can say who the caboose in the above picture really belonged to. I am pretty sure it is not of Southern heritage..

I looked into buying a caboose and having it transported to a rural location.

The deal killer was the low boy truck, the cranes, etc...  Just as you stated.

MotoLinz

Harleys and cabooses. Both overpriced and in great need of repairs. *snork*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk