RJC GP16s 1827 & 1605 southbound out of Lexington

Started by swinstandley, February 19, 2013, 05:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinstandley

Tuesday, Feb. 19th about noon, NS picked up RJC 1827 and 1605 at the Lexington yard and a flat car with a pair of six axle trucks.  The NS leader was 9042 with 9708.  The attached photo of the flat was taken at Bishop.

Stew

E.M. Bell

Corman recently won the contract to switch the Tate and Lyle (Staley) plant in Louden TN, beating out Railserve. I cant confirm it, but I would bet those geeps are headed there to replace the RSSX motors that are in service now..

That must have been train 117..it has had those GE trucks and frames on it now just about every day..
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

TM3358

Railserve was asked to leave when the switch takes place rssx 3759 (gp9) and 430 (gp10) will come out they've been using bd 5519 since Jan and using the yellow ones as back up afraid corman would buy them they also lost contracts in decatur and lafeyette

TM3358

T. Mahan

(Warning non-NS content).  The 1827 was the first RJC loco to start the 'Red Death' of the Central Kentucky rail scene.  Started service on the LL branch after the Lexington & Ohio purchase, then on to the 'Old Road'  I had many hours on this loco and quite a few at her throttle.  It was the only GP16 that ran solid amongst the other wore out locos on RJC.
T.J. Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL
www.facebook.com/tjm6515

etalcos

If the RSSX units are going to leave on their own wheels, somebody has a LOT of work to do.  Those are the sorriest two geeps I think I've ever seen anybody try to run and I've seen some pretty ratted out geeps.  I'm guessing Tate and Lyle has made a good move...

TM3358

I'll just say railserve kicked a bear they should be able to leave in tow 3759 just had 4 new wheels and traction motors put on it years ago not many they had 1814 which was a gp 16 white smoked regular move anything with it couldn't see for the smoke and oil flying 3759 also has had quiet a bit of the front torched do to a 15mph+ coupling and the brought 430 down on 163 so it was pretty much shook apart when it arrived corman locos will be 100% improvement compared to what's there now

TM3358

Rjc units are on Tate&Lyle property they are setting where you can see both from the road I reccomend not trying to get pics of them the plant doesn't allow photography on basis of home land security

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk