NS Hiring Sessions

Started by Jeff Hamlin, March 27, 2013, 04:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Hamlin

I was invited to an NS hiring session in Baltimore, MD on April 9 and in Harrisburg, PA on April 10. Both are for conductor positions. For those of you who have been through this, what was it like for you and if you got hired, what helped you along?

Railroad80

be early!!!! and prepared for a long day

thpbears

Batman

1. don't be a second late
2.    you hear a long presentation on how great the RR is and you wont have a life on you
get hired.
3.  take the conductors test.
4. lunch break
5. call out 20 names that may get hired.
6. leave if your name does not get called.

Conductor

And if your name does get called, make sure to highlight how safe of a worker you are.
Conductor's posts represent the views of Conductor and are not representative of any carrier.

E.M. Bell

Your a safe worker, have no personal life, can follow orders, you have no hobbies, you have no life, you will do what ever they say when ever they say it without asking questions. You don't (and never have) drank alcohol, done drugs, had any medical problems, and never will.   You love working all the time, hate being at home, and you know NOTHING about trains..in fact you hate them, despise them, have never even seen one.

That might not get you hired, but it sure wont hurt your chances any. I just described the perfect RR employee!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Jeff Hamlin

Quote from: Michael Knight on March 27, 2013, 07:30:42 PM
You have stated elsewhere, in other threads, your current location. They are hesitant to hire people from out of the applicants' home states. If you have a physical address near either of these locales, then great. If not, wait for a hiring session closer to you of first establish residence in a new area before applying.

Relocating wouldn't be a problem for me and I mentioned that in my application. I guess they saw my location in the address and still felt that I deserved a chance to go forward. Either way, we shall see what happens. :)

Jeff Hamlin

Quote from: E.M. Bell on March 28, 2013, 05:30:31 PM
Your a safe worker, have no personal life, can follow orders, you have no hobbies, you have no life, you will do what ever they say when ever they say it without asking questions. You don't (and never have) drank alcohol, done drugs, had any medical problems, and never will.   You love working all the time, hate being at home, and you know NOTHING about trains..in fact you hate them, despise them, have never even seen one.

That might not get you hired, but it sure wont hurt your chances any. I just described the perfect RR employee!

LOL you might be right. But they know I am also a PTI employee, so there goes the whole "never seen a train before" line!  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk