What is the world coming to?

Started by Butch, August 27, 2006, 11:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

At about 9a yesterday, at Grove I saw a CSX engine trailing a NS engine.  What is the world coming to?

Batman

thats a common site here in chattanooga .

ccaranna

How about a CSX loco LEADING an NS train?  NS 305 had one on the point on Satuday.  The rest of the consist was all NS; a D9-40CW, and an SD38/slug combination, but a new CSX ES44AC on the point?  You're right, the world MUST be coming to an end.   :(  :o  :shock:  :?  :x  :roll:  :mrgreen:  :)

Michael Knight

This practice no doubt makes some wonder whose line it really is. I've seen anything from the new CSX SD70ACes and ES44DCs to older units on the point, or in the consist of, NS trains. Likewise, NS power can also been seen on CSX territory.

Back in the late '90s, two CSX CW44ACs were standard on the 794/795 Wansley trains. These would run on NS from Knoxville to GA, and back again to the CSX at Willoughby. Aside from the desktop, the NS crews liked the " lightning bolts."

mushroom2

How about this from last year. This is on the NS CLeveland line near Alliance. All CSX consist.

Or this from last year near Tampa. All CSX territory, and what's that trailing unit peeking around the caboose?

E.M. Bell

It happens on a regular basis...its a shame though, that the best place to see a moving CSX engine is on the NS  :D

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Indiana Railfan

I rarely see CSX power on NS trains, but commonly catch NS on CSX. Looking through the archives of pictures I have train ID's on, 4 NS trains led by CSX and 12 CSX trains led by NS.
This dates back to 2003 or so, and is out of approx 2,000 ID'd photos.

NS 2557

Ive seen it a couple times up here on NS 327-328
You cant spell garbage without GE

CSX = Chemical Spill Xperts

NS2593

I know of about 3 or 4 CSX units leading on the NS in the past 2 months, including a new GEVO (CSX 5344). I have also seen 2 or 3 other CSX units trailing. All of this was in Bristol, VA. Before July and August, it had been more than a year since I had seen a CSX unit in Bristol.

alxmoss1992

Here in louisville,KY Its pretty often seeing a csx loco. leading a ns train
Alex L. Moss

cmherndon

QuoteHere in louisville,KY Its pretty often seeing a csx loco. leading a ns train

I may be wrong on this, but I'd venture to say that what you're seeing are the CSX trains that run over NS trackage to reach the Monon.

alxmoss1992

Quote from: cmherndon on September 08, 2006, 12:43:38 AM
QuoteHere in louisville,KY Its pretty often seeing a csx loco. leading a ns train

I may be wrong on this, but I'd venture to say that what you're seeing are the CSX trains that run over NS trackage to reach the Monon.
No thats not what I mean. Ive seen CSX loco leading a NS train going to Princeton,IN
Alex L. Moss

Khalua10

Here is 5264 ES44DC leading 23G on May 27, 07. Only one I've ever seen leading an NS train.
My Rail Pictures at
JREB gallery - http://jreb.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9641
Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!
GE
Dustin Grizzle

Bellevue Kid

I once saw a CSX loco pulling a triple crown train leave Bellevue toward Ft. Wayne. That was about a year ago.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk