unstoppable

Started by Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR, October 18, 2010, 10:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

I've been seeing the previews for the new Denzel Washington movie "unstoppable ", I think I may go see this one myself, just wondering what everyone else thinks of the previews?  We had the engines in our yard for a couple days after filming so I got an up close and personal with them. It looks to be a little far fetched and a healthy dose of sensationalism added for good measure, but I think in the end curiosity will lure me to the theater, think it's worth watching? 
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

MP15NUT

well its not that far fetched since it is based on the (C word i can not say) 8888 runaway a few years back.  I might go see it, but i don't know yet. 
MP15NUT
Modeling the NS Delmarva Secondary as the Delmarva Central

delcrr.webs.com
DELC is now on facebook!
Just search Delmarva Central!

butch

I would think it would be entertaining if for no other reason than to make fun of the stuff that's not right.  I know I love a movie with a lot of computers in it because of the many things that they get wrong. 
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

lwjabo

It could be a good movie. The bigest thing is they simply don't get the lingo. They should hire a couple of old Conductors or Engineers to help write the text. At least that part could be correct. I guess I will wait till it's on HBO. There was one some years ago on TV about a passenger train in Ski country. There have been at least two moves. Both were terrible. At least for anyone who knows the difference between the A and B end of a boxcar. I never understood the CSXT runaway. A engine in power makes a noise that anyone who has ever worked on them would know. I simply can't see a Engineer getting off a engine in number 8 power even with the brakes on. He should know the sound would be wrong. I know getting tired by the end of a trip. Still something was wrong. I'm not perfect and made my share of mistakes. I would have liked to read the transcript of that investigation.

billworsham

You can find it here...

http://kohlin.com/CSX8888/z-final-report.htm

Other info here...

http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?t=70901

Do a google search on CSX 8888 and you will find more info.

Ed Fury

I'd enjoy watching the trains on a large theater screen with surround sound for sure. Be it realistic or not. For those of us who cannot get close to real trains because of safety, and trespassing, and the post 9/11 hysteria by homeland security... this is our chance to see engines about as up close and personal as we can.

Conrail Quality

Specializing in ex-conrail equipment

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

The more different sets of previews I see I'm certain I'll go see it, like butch said if nothing else it'll be funny to see the stuff they mess up on. In a new set of previews I saw today they threatened to fire denzel and the other guy, so at least that part is pretty realistic  ;D engines all leaning up on one side like the general lee may be a little harder to accept, but it definitely looks watchable and entertaining, all jokes aside.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

dragonoz

i'll be going to see it.

Matt L

I'm looking forward to this movie. Denzel Washington is a good actor and a portion of the filming was done on the former NS Buffalo Line (now operated by the Western New York & Pennsylvania RR). BTW, I don't expect it to be 100% accurate- that's why the movie is filed under fiction
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Conrail Quality

Quote from: adam w. on October 20, 2010, 12:01:07 PM
The more different sets of previews I see I'm certain I'll go see it, like butch said if nothing else it'll be funny to see the stuff they mess up on. In a new set of previews I saw today they threatened to fire denzel and the other guy, so at least that part is pretty realistic  ;D engines all leaning up on one side like the general lee may be a little harder to accept, but it definitely looks watchable and entertaining, all jokes aside.

Idk! Here's a photo from ns of engines lined up like the general lee!

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=437245
Specializing in ex-conrail equipment

maersksealand3329

I will be seeing this as will the railfan I trained.  I wish he would get on here.  His grandpa worked for the Nickle plate for fifty years.
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!
Its My Life :-)
www.facebook.com/railfan1
Skype-michael.fair3

butch

I saw Unstoppable in a sneak preview tonight.  I'll spare the detailed review for those who want to see it...or make a list of all the stuff they got wrong.  I would call it a decent Denzel Washington action movie, but more of a matinee than a feature.  
Butch Adkins

Ed Fury

I can't remember a movie getting as much ad time as Unstoppable. It seems every channel at all hours of the day and night there's another promo for the movie.

E.M. Bell

this is by far the best promo yet, and probably better than the movie, which I doubt I will ever waste my time seeing...   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3ImYKkTPk

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

Butch Adkins

Matt L

I'm going to see Unstoppable on Friday. At least part of the movie was filmed on the Western New York & Pennsylvania RR, which straddles the NY/PA border about 2-3 hours from where I live. This line was part of the NS Buffalo Line until a few years ago. I don't expect the movie to be 100% realistic... but it seems like it will be a good action movie.   
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk