JREB users Fantasy Football League

Started by JCagle, July 29, 2008, 01:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCagle

I have created a JREB fantasy football league for any that are interested. It's free to play, and we'll try to keep things casual.  For those interested it is on Yahoo, and you will need a Yahoo ID to play. If you don't have one signing up is easy and free.

The league is called JREB Gang (ID# 243538)
The Password is Steam

If you have any problems don't hesitate to PM me.

I have the league set up for 20 teams with an 8 team playoff in weeks 15, 16, and 17. If the league doesn't fill up I'll try to invite some more people from other places, but I thought this would be a good side bar to get to know some people outside of the world of railroading. I've set the rules pretty easy and the scoring fairly wide open so it should be fun.

Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

E.M. Bell

For the old farts like me on here, explain what this is. Does it involve women or warlocks, do I need a thong to play, and most importantly...how bout a link??
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

No women, warlocks, or thongs involved.... at least in this league.

Yahoo finally finished the sign up process and we have our own url now! http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/jreb

For those not familiar with fantasy football it is basically putting together a "dream team" of actual NFL players. This is done through a draft just like in the NFL. The draft for this league works where the first pick in round 1 becomes the last pick in round 2, and keeps snaking through until everyone has a team put together. This format should allow everyone to get the first pick in a round.

The draft for the league is automated so you don't have to get all 20 people together online to pick. Prior to the draft date (which will be set when the slots are full or with a week or so before the season starts, whichever happens first) you can rank the players to get your favorites, or you can just use the predefined rankings that are provided on the site.  When the draft takes place they will take the top players in your list that are available, or the highest rated of what you need to complete your team.  It sounds really complicated but its not.

After the draft you can trade players and release players and pick up players that are not on other teams. Each week you can set your starting lineups before the games begin (being sure any of your players aren't on a bye or injured ect). These players are your team for that week. You get points based on their performances (yards of passing/receiving/rushing, touchdowns, catches, rush attempts ect). Each week you will be up against another team. The team that has the most points that week wins. The last 3 weeks of the regular season are the playoffs for the league, with the top 8 teams making the playoffs. This will culminate with one team coming out the winner. The winner of what, I don't know. Perhaps a pat on the back and being able to add JREB fantasy football champion 2008 to your signature.

Hope that gives you a thumb nail sketch of how it works.

E.M. Bell

Thanks for the insightful look into this..Ill check it out when I have time. Good thing no thongs involved, with this bunch that would be like mental birth control...almost as bad as having a poster of Janet Reno in the bedroom...

Second thought..the majority of us are Southern guys...they do such a thing for Nascar??...now that would be outstanding! 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

I agree that it's a good thing no thongs are involved! Railroaders and railfans should never be used with thong!

Actually they do have a Nascar league. Perhaps that would be something to look into for next season.

alxmoss1992

Thanks emmett!! Now I have this very bad picture stuck in my head *GAGS*  >:(
Alex L. Moss

alxmoss1992

"You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)"

Can anyone explain this?
Alex L. Moss

JCagle

I got the same error when I clicked the link. I'm searching for a solution right now.

JCagle

If you sign in with your ID at the top of the page it will redirect you to a main page where you can select join custom league from the 3 big buttons on the page.  After clicking on this button you will come to a page that will ask for the league ID and password. The league ID is 243538 and the password is steam.

If anyone has any more problems with this send me a PM with your email address and I will send you an invite.
I see several people have signed up already! When we get filled up we will draft.

E.M. Bell

I got in and up...still have no idea what I am doing, but still...here we go
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

alxmoss1992

Quote from: E.M. Bell on July 30, 2008, 07:29:07 PM
I got in and up...still have no idea what I am doing, but still...here we go

Your suppose to wear a thong and read instructions  :D
Alex L. Moss

JCagle

Ah we'll settle for just following instructions!!! I pray I never see EMB in a thong, and I pray he never sees me in one!

Dieselfan

OMG ! Now I can't get the image of Emmett in a thong out of my head!!!!!!!!  ;D

EMD ; There is NO Substitute!!!

alxmoss1992

Thats not a good picture to have in your head...I had it in me head earlier....VERY SCARY! I also hope that Mrs. Bell doesnt have to witness the whole "Thong" issue either.
Alex L. Moss

JCagle

I see we have several teams signed up already. Anyone interested should go ahead and sign up because after a couple of weeks if interest isn't there we may end up opening it up to friends ect.

alxmoss1992

I guess im a blonde cause I cant find the group anywhere. I went to Join League and I couldnt find a bar or anything to put in the code.
Alex L. Moss

JCagle

Alex,
If you go to the link page and then sign in to your yahoo account from that page it should offer a "join private league page on the left hand side. After you click that it should prompt you for the code and password. If that doesn't work send me your email and I'll send you an invite.

Gage O'Dell

Quote from: NSFan14 on August 01, 2008, 01:22:11 PM
I guess im a blonde cause I cant find the group anywhere. I went to Join League and I couldnt find a bar or anything to put in the code.
I can't get on either

Gage O'Dell

Quote from: trainchaser2 on August 01, 2008, 02:48:31 PM
Quote from: NSFan14 on August 01, 2008, 01:22:11 PM
I can't get on either
Never mind i did it the hard way. but I'm on.  Go team Cubs

JCagle

There are still 12 spots open in the league.  Anyone that is interested needs to sign up as soon as possible. If you don't want to deal with the sign up process send me a PM and I will email you a direct invite. We will draft teams the weekend of the 23rd unless we fill up before then. Drafting early will allow for some roster moves to be made for week 1.

JCagle

Feel free to invite friends or coworkers or anything like that to the league. I will set us ready to draft next Friday night, and I will update when we get a draft time. Just a reminder that you do not need to do anything at draft time, but if you would like you can rank players you would like to have prior to the draft.

JCagle

Reminder to all playing.... The games start this week, so be sure to get your lineups set and ready to go. Good luck to all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk