This video does a disservice to NS and Operation Lifesaver

Started by conrail kid, June 19, 2007, 11:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Thats impressive guys, yall seem to have done good. Im surprised that  the dealership even bothered to reply, but its off the air and thats all that matters.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

No, I didn't have a chance to see the video before it got pulled or overran the server capacity allowed it. What I was referring to with the General Lee like jump was something good and clean that nobody would have an objection to. It's not uncommon for dealerships with a legal department to have them view all their ads before airing so that there are no pop up supprises. It looks to me like their legal department is dumb or non existant to let something by that discription through though. If they didn't slip it by them just to get it out there to get people talking.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

R Federle

Well JB,

They got publicity. I dont think its exactly the type they wanted though. You have the eprception pretty close to waht was depicted in the video. Just picture that same General Lee jump looking from the drivers side and put Norfolk Southern just missing it on the passengers side.

Negative publicity or not it still got their name out there.

Robert Federle

R Federle

Well said "Enginecrew",

I knew a few Engineers with the old B&O in Ohio that had been involved in grade crossing accidents. Something the public dont realize or think about is the mental impact that accident has on the headend crew. One had hit a car with the entire family killed (includeing 4 children in the back of the station wagon). It really hit him hard. He said the hard part was knowing there was nothing he could do but watch.

That "I'm Immortal" feeling I think is prevalent with alot of the young drivers today. They pass you like you're sitting still and look at you like you are the one with the problem. They think they own the highway.

Well I'm not going to get started on that.

Robert Federle

JCagle

I noticed yesterday that they had pulled the video from youtube as well. Now there's a big fuss over a video that shows how to elude the imigration laws. Youtube is getting lots of publicity now as well. It wouldn't supprise me if they started reviewing videos more stringently soon. Especially with all the copyright stuff going on.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

R Federle

I believe they should be screening what is posted. I believe too in Free Speech. I think it will start getting tricky when people begin to claim their rights are being violated. I also think the owners of those types of sites should want to minimize the legal entanglement they may find themselves in if videos such as those continue to air.

They should realize too that when someone loses a loved one due to an act similar to those depicted that they might  just find themselves named in a wrongful death suit (I may be mistaken here though as I am no attorney). I feel, even with free speech, that when something as this promotes (or does nothing to deter) dangerous acts or illegal activity that it should be filtered out. At least the site owner could contact the party that wants to post it and tell them this or that needs changed deleted before it can air.

I could go on but I wont know where to stop.

Robert Federle

NW_611

Quote from: jbcagle7073 on June 22, 2007, 11:12:25 PMNow there's a big fuss over a video that shows how to elude the imigration laws.
Heh heh heh, that one was good.  Too bad for that law firm that I saved a copy of it, and I'm sure lots of other people did too. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk