Mobile Broadband

Started by Junior, February 05, 2007, 01:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

I am in the market to go highspeed on my laptop.  I want to be able to access the internet from anywhere I am within reason.

Does anyone have mobile broadband if so what company and how reliable is it?

Thanks
Junior

stillbre

Junior,
We have Verizon service through work.  It works pretty well.  Same signal strength with it as I get with my Verizon cell phone.  I don't get real good reception up in central KY though but it should only be a matter of time before Verizon puts a tower in Somerset and Danville.  Can't tell you how much it costs though, I don't pay for it.  :P
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

JCagle

I beleive it runs something like 60 bucks a month from what I've seen when I was looking into it.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Hoydie17

Quote from: jbcagle7073 on February 05, 2007, 05:03:11 PM
I beleive it runs something like 60 bucks a month from what I've seen when I was looking into it.

Here's my take, I have at the Verizon Broadband Wireless card that stillbre refers to.  It's nice, does give you some flexibility, BUT.

If you're in the market, seriously, upgrade your phone to a blackberry and just tether it to your laptop.  You can get the same broadband connection, and have your cellphone in the same device. 

BTW, don't forget to check and see what kind of Company discounts you can get. 

For me at Northrop Grumman, I get 21% off the service rates, and the equipment is either free or 50% off depending upon price and quantity ordered. 

Sean
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk