Orange day on the NS

Started by Ed Fury, September 08, 2014, 11:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Fury

Just to be on the safe side I decided to hangout near the NS tracks today in case the 1071 decided to sneak out of town on an Eastbound train. I had heard on my scanner T79 with the 8122 get a warrant to head East. I knew 8122 had come in leading on 22A with the 1071 trailing. Heading back East on T79 would mean either the power was turned or it would be running long hood forward. Before I could even get to the tracks T79 had gone by.

Chatter on the scanner was that 112 would meet 285 at Manetta (Simpsonville) which is the West end of the Shelbyville mixing center.

285 came flying through shortly after hearing the dispatch give 112 a warrant to Manetta.

NS 285 by vampirolepis, on Flickr

After about 30 minutes or so I heard them give back their track warrant after passing Manetta and taking the siding at Joyes. Joyes is East of the mixing center and is the main line and the siding through town. About three or three and a half hours later 112 finally came West. Don't know what took them so long. The signal showed yellow the whole time until the train got into the block just East of me. Here's 112 passing through Jeffersontown.

NS 112 by vampirolepis, on Flickr

Of course after sitting and waiting for hours I gave up after this train and went home. As soon as I got settled in it was train after train after train. Probably should have stayed another hour. But there's always tomorrow.

Hoping to get lucky and catch the 1071 heading back out East in the morning light. Might end up chasing it to Waddy.

NSSpike

Ed a question on that south bound 285. The second unit, looks like it might be BNSF669 War Bonnet unit. Can you confirm that? Thanks for posting your photos!
NSSpike
CDDX
MP680.6

Ed Fury

That second unit was a 768 BNSF war bonnet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk