The wait for 6920...

Started by Southern6482, May 01, 2013, 11:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern6482

Thanks to the usual spot-on heads-up from JREB and Emmett, I was able to make it trackside for the arrival of 6920.  Thankfully, in the meantime NS was running a ton of trains which fellow JREBer Kurt DeWald was able to join me.  Despite the misting rain and gloomy skies, I like the early spring time results.

Southbound 375 crosses Elkhorn Creek as it works its way through the gorgeous "S Curve" in downtown Georgetown.

Northbound 114 rolls under Bridge Street with one of my favorite locomotives on the roster, a Top Hat sporting new paint.  This view just screams classic Southern Railway, from the whistle post, to the wooden bridge, to the GRS signals on borrowed time.

Nortbound 276 snakes its way through Georgetown nearing its final destination of Delaplain.

FINALLY - the 6920 showed up flat hauling the mail on the point of 179.  The skies started to clear as the rain started to fall.  I was really pleased with the light spring affects in the photo.

With that, the rain picked up and called it a day.

dschlegel

E.M. Bell

Chad, you are going to have to show me how to get to that crossing there North of the signals. I have shot off that bridge before, but didnt know you could get to ground level..
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk